Are you looking for a Simple 4th of July Cookies Recipe to make this year??? These Stars & Stripes Cookies are so simple even the kids can help you make them and they really don’t take long at all!
I use the Traditional Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix and add about 1/2 Cup of Flour to thicken the dough so that it holds its shape while baking.
Then I roll the dough out to about 1/4″ and cut out Star Shapes, I used about a 2″ Star so they were on the small side, but you can use just about any size cookie cutter you have on hand, it really doesn’t matter.
The first step is to dip 2 points in Melted White Chocolate or Candy Coating Melts. Then sprinkle the white chocolate with Blue Sprinkles before the chocolate hardens. This creates the Blue area of the cookies.
Next use Red Icing in a Wilton Squeeze Bottle or in a Decorating Bag with a small hole at the tip to create the stripes.
Allow the cookies to harden completely before placing them on a platter because you don’t want to mess up the designs. My kids had SO MUCH FUN with these cookies they were impressed and I love when something cute doesn’t take all afternoon!
Watch this Video to see how to make these Stars & Stripes Cookies:
Here’s the full recipe if you want to print it out:
- 1 Package of Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 Stick Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Flour
- Wilton White Chocolate Melts
- Blue Sprinkles
- Red Frosting
- Prepare Sugar Cookie Mix according to Package.
- Add 1/2 Cup of Flour to Sugar Cookie Mix to thicken the dough
- Roll out dough to 1/4" Thick and Cut Stars Out and place on Cookie Sheet
- Bake at 350 for 9-10 minutes
- Allow Cookies to Cool Completely
- Dip 2 Points of the stars in Melted White Chocolate
- Sprinkle with Blue Sprinkles
- Use Red Frosting in a Wilton Squeeze Bottle to create red stripes
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 15 Baby Carrots Sliced Thinly
- 1/8 Green Pepper Sliced Thinly
- 2 Cups Cooked Rice, Cooled
- 2 Cups Cooked Chicken (This is a great use for leftover Grilled Chicken)
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 2 Eggs
- Heat Vegetable Oil in a Skillet
- Add Green Pepper and Carrots and Saute for 1 Minute
- Add Rice and Chicken and Stir Until Everything is Heated
- Add Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and Pepper to Mixture
- Make a Space in the Center of the Rice
- Break Eggs into Empty Space in the Center of the Rice
- Stir Slowly until eggs are fully cooked and completely mixed in to the rice
- Slowly add in Soy Sauce and continue to Stir
- Serve Immediately