Come in with a bang, with this 4th of July Star Brownies! A fudgy brownie that has a decorative frosted topping that is in the shape of a star. Show off your patriotic side with these star brownies, that are red, white, and blue themed.
If you don’t consider yourself to be a baker, this recipe is right up your alley. So easy to make, and you start with a boxed brownie mix. Simply follow the instructions, that is the hardest part. Then a little piping around the edges, and a dusting of sprinkles and you have a simple 4th of July dessert.
4th of July Star Brownies
Whether you serve these up at a daycare or play date, summer cookout, or a treat for you and your family. These brownies are tasty, and that frosting adds the perfect amount of sweetness. Plus check out these patriotic party ideas.
Can I Make This Recipe With Homemade Brownies
Of course! Feel free to use whatever recipe you prefer, whether homemade or boxed. Or cut the corner even more, and buy pre-made brownies that you just cookie cut out and design.
Tools Needed For Star Brownies
How Do You Know When Brownies Are Done
You will see the edges of the brownies begin to pull away from the side of the pan. Another tried and true tip is to stick a toothpick in the center of your brownies. If the toothpick comes out clean with no batter they are done.
Craving More 4th Of July Recipes
- 4th of July White Chocolate Lasagna Recipe
- Flag Rice Krispies Treats Recipe
- S’mores 4th of July Snack Board Idea
- 4th of July Pretzel Bark Recipe | Easy Patriotic Snack Idea!
- Family size box brownie mix
- Check box for quantity of eggs, oil and water needed
- Vanilla frosting
- Red, white and blue nonpareil sprinkles
- Miniature M&M’s
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13” baking pan with a non stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your brownie mix, eggs, oil and water and whisk well.
- Pour into your grease pan and bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Let your brownies cool and lay out a pice or parchment paper.
- Cut a star cookie cutter to cut out as many stars as you can and place them on the parchment paper.
- Fill a decorating bag with vanilla frosting and cut a small tip off the end.
- Use the frosting to outline the brownies.
- Top with sprinkles and a few M&M’s if you choose.
Can I Do Other Shapes Of Cookie Cutters
Absolutely! Make all the different shapes you want. I loved the star cause it was easy and what I had on hand. But any shape and any type of sprinkles work fantastic for this recipe.
Best Frosting To Use
Feel free to use any type of frosting you enjoy. Whether you whip up some buttercream or reach for store frosting. Any works, it is all about the flavor preference. Plus if you feel like it you could even use flavored frosting like chocolate or strawberry.
How To Store Brownies
You will want to place your brownies in an airtight container. This will help prevent them from drying out. If you make it multiple layers add a layer of parchment or wax paper in between the layers so the frosting doesn’t stick to the other brownies.
Can You Freeze Brownies
Yes. You are welcome to allow these brownies to fully cool, and then place them in an airtight container or freezer bag. Then freeze for up to three months. When you are ready to eat some, just allow them to thaw at room temperature and then enjoy.
If you want a quick and easy dessert that is patriotic, this recipe is a must make. Give it a try and serve up some colorful and fun brownies that offer a delightful sweetness in every single bite.