This 4th of July Flag Rice Krispies Treats Recipe is a no-bake dessert that is a patriotic dessert to celebrate the day. A homemade Rice Krispies treats that are frosted and decorated with candy to resemble the American Flag.
Holiday desserts are always so much fun. My 4th of July Flag Krispies Treats will be showcasing your patriotism and these recipe is simple to whip up.
Easy 4th of July Flag Rice Krispies Treats
Summer is full of pool days, cookouts and of course, counting down till the 4th of July. This patriotic dessert is fantastic for Memorial Day as well.
Check Out These 4th of July Goodies
How to Make The Perfect Rice Krispies Treat
We have all seen those Rice Krispies treats at cookouts and parties that are hard, smushed together real tight that it’s not very appetizing.
Well, this recipe here is the perfect method to getting those gooey marshmallow treats that remind you of bars your grandma made you as a kid.
Use Marshmallows to Make Rice Krispies Treats
Fresh marshmallows will provide you a base that offers a fluffy and creamy consistency. Skip the Marshmallow fluff. Don’t reach for stale marshmallows that have been tucked in your pantry for far too long. Your Krispie Treats will tattle on you when you eat them.
How To Keep Krispie Treats From Sticking To Hands When Pressing Down In Pan
I learned this trick a few years ago and it works. Run your hands under water and shake off any excess water. Then with damp hands gently press down on your Krispies treats to form them in the pan.
Don’t push really hard and compact the treats or they will be really hard to chew. Gentle is key.
What Frosting to Use for 4th of July Krispies Treats
You can whip up your favorite homemade frosting or buy a can. Either option works and it is all about what you feel up to doing!
How to Store 4th of July Rice Krispies Treats
After you assemble you rice treats make sure to place them in a pan with a lid or cover them on a tray with aluminum foil or plastic wrap. Just make sure the foil doesn’t touch the frosting or it will mess up the treats a bit.
How to Make 4th July Themed Rice Krispies
Ingredients for 4th of July Rice Krispies Treats
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 15oz miniature marshmallows
- 3 Tablespoons softened butter
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- 1 can blue vanilla frosting
- Twizzlers pull n peel
- Wilton star sprinkles
- Decorating bags
- Nonstick cooking spray
Directions for 4th of July Rice Krispies Treats
1. Spray a 9 x 13” baking pan with butter or a non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine your marshmallows and butter and heat for 1-2 minutes until the marshmallows get puffy
3. Now mix in your Rice Krispies cereal.
4. Scoop the Rice Krispies into your pan, press down firmly, and freeze for 15 minutes before slicing into rectangles.
5. Fill one decorating bag with vanilla frosting and one with blue vanilla frosting and cut a small tip off the ends.
6. Frost each Rice Krispie rectangle with vanilla frosting and the top left corner with blue vanilla frosting.
7. Use the Twizzlers pull n peel to make stripes on your flag Rice Krispies.
8. Sprinkle a few white stars on the blue frosting.
This recipe is one easy dessert that takes no time to make. A stress-free dessert that’s calling your name.
What do you think of these 4th of July Rice Krispies Treats?