Check out this super easy 5 ingredient ice cream sandwich cake. This 4th of July ice cream sandwich cake comes together in minutes, and you can slice and serve up one delicious ice cream dessert.
If you are not big into baking or spending time in the kitchen, but want a fun dessert to serve up, this might be a great fit. I also have a few more dessert ideas for you to consider. Easy cake mix cookies, flag Rice Krispies Treats, or my red white, and blue fruit tray.
What is The Base Of This Ice Cream Cake
Ice cream sandwiches are the stand-out item! No need to turn that oven on to make anything. Place your sandwiches in the pan, and decorate with your layers and serve up an incredible melt-in-your-mouth ice cream treat.
How to Make Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Full directions for this easy summer dessert are in the printable recipe card below. This is a quick walk-through on how to make your 4th of July ice cream dessert.
Start by placing all your ice cream sandwiches in a 9×13 pan. Place them in a single line, that way they don’t overlap.
Next, you will add some whipped cream, caramel, chocolate syrup, then ice cream bars, and repeat. It is like an ice cream sandwich layered dessert.
Slice and serve one tasty caramel chocolate dessert.
Can I Make This Dessert In Advance
Go right ahead and make this dessert a few hours in advance if you want. Store right in the freezer to ensure it doesn’t melt. The only thing to remember is the whipped cream can break down a bit as it is stored, so I find it is best to not wait too long, or it can sog up the ice cream sandwiches a bit.
Topping Ideas For The Dessert
- 4th of July M&M’s
- Red, White, and Blue Sprinkles
- Drizzle with caramel and chocolate
- Leave plain
- Add sprinkles or candies to fit the holiday or theme you want
If you have leftover ice cream cake just keep it covered and store it in the freezer. The cake will freeze for 1-2 months no problem. When you want slice and serve up this delicious frozen dessert.
If it is too hard to cut straight from the freezer let it thaw for about 5 minutes before you try and slice it up.
Tips for Making Ice Cream Bar Cake
- Work fast enough that you don’t melt the ice cream.
- You can use sugar-free bars and ingredients if you need a sugar substitute dessert.
- Use flavored ice cream bars like Neopolitan or flavored whipped cream for a swap of flavor.
- 19-24 Ice Cream Sandwiches, depending on the size of your ice cream sandwiches
- Chocolate Syrup
- Patriotic M&Ms
- 1 Large Tub Cool Whip
- Layer ice cream sandwiches in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. You might have to break some in half like I did to cover the bottom of the pan completely.
- Spoon Half of the Cool Whip on top of the sandwiches and spread the layer evenly with a spoon or spatula.
- Drizzle as much chocolate syrup and caramel as you like on top of the whip cream and place the second layer of ice cream sandwiches.
- Smooth the rest of the Cool Whip over the top layer of ice cream sandwiches and sprinkle with patriotic M&Ms.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 384Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 205mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 0gSugar: 33gProtein: 7g