Bacon Chicken Bake is a super easy no fuss chicken recipe perfect for dinner. 4 ingredients is all this chicken bake requires. A seasoned boneless chicken, bacon, and cheese all baked in the oven. A healthy and keto friendly chicken recipe.
We eat a lot of chicken in our home, if you are looking for a no-fuss dish, this is always a go-to for me. It takes minutes to assemble and once it is in the oven, all you have to do is prepare sides and ring the dinner bell.
This Bacon Chicken Bake Recipe Is..
- 5 minute prep
- 4 ingredients needed
- Keto Friendly
- Hands off cooking
- Reheats well for leftovers
- Family friendly
Ingredients Needed For Chicken Bake
Chicken – For this recipe I recommend boneless chicken. Chicken breast, tenderloin or even thighs. Just make sure the chicken fully cooks through depending on the thickness of the chicken.
Bacon – Any brand of bacon works. I used a thicker strip of bacon for this recipe.
Cheese – Cheddar, sharp, pepper jack, etc. Any variety of cheese works great.
Montreal Steak Seasoning – I used this blend to season the chicken. If you don’t have any you can use any flavors you want. Garlic, onion powder, season salt, etc.
Dipping Sauce – You are welcome to reach for BBQ sauce or other dipping sauce for the chicken if you want. Or eat it plain if you prefer.
How to Trim Chicken
Chicken is one protein that doesn’t need much trimming depending on the cut you buy. You will find the bright white areas can be trimmed off. Or if you are working with tenderloins, you will want to remove the white tenderloin running down the center of the meat.
The white will make your chicken chewy, and any fat will give it a rubbery texture in that area, as it would in steak, pork, etc.
Can You Meal Prep With This Chicken
If you want you are more than welcome to use this chicken for meal prepping. Just bake as directed and place into single serve containers with your sides.
Rice, pasta, quinoa, or even veggies would be a great side or two to pair with the chicken. Then leave the lid on the chicken loosely, and warm up in the microwave until reheated.
Or you can add the food to a plate and cover with a wet paper towel. This will help prevent the chicken from drying out as it reheats.
I also love adding this dish to my meal plan for the week. It is so great for those nights I don’t have time to cook.
Do I Need to Allow Chicken To Rest
It is good to allow your chicken to rest at least 10 minutes once you remove from the oven. You will find that doing so it allows the meat to soak in all the juices. If you slice right into hot chicken it will become dry, and no one enjoys dry chicken.
- 5-6 Chicken Breasts, cut in half width-wise to make wide, thin pieces.
- 2 tablespoons Montreal chicken seasoning
- 1/2 lb bacon, strips cut in half
- 4 ounces shredded cheese (we used mild cheddar)
- BBQ Sauce for dipping, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with seasoning, more or less depending on your taste.
- Top each piece of chicken with a slice of bacon. Bake 30 minutes uncovered on the top rack of the oven until the chicken is cooked through and the bacon looks crispy.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese over the top of the bacon. Return to the oven for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling.
- Serve with BBQ sauce for dipping, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 349Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 681mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 41g