Learn how to make a banana sushi snack for kids. This is a wonderful after-school snack or movie night treat. Serve up banana sushi that is made with peanut butter, chocolate, graham crackers, and mini M&M’s.
Kids will go nuts for this banana snack and gain some nutrients and potassium from the banana. Enjoy this simple and easy recipe. I will help you learn how to make these super easy and quick banana sushi treats.
Banana sushi is a banana that is sliced and topped with sweet items and served with chopsticks like you would sushi. It is just a fun and creative way to serve up a banana so it doesn’t feel so plain.
Different Topping Ideas For Banana Sushi
- Butterscotch Sauce
- Caramel Sauce
- Chopped up Candy
- Melted Marshmallows
- Fruit sauce
- Rice Krispies cereal
- Cookie Crumbles
Why Make Dessert Sushi
Why not? This is such a fun dessert that kids and even adults can enjoy. I love how simple it is to throw together and boy is it delicious. You can honestly pile on any toppings to customize it to fit your preference.
More Delicious Desserts
You could totally dip the banana in chocolate or peanut butter, but this way still tastes the same and looks extra cute with all of the ingredients on top. It saves so much time drizzling everything on instead of dipping, which can get messy!!
No matter how you make or serve up this dessert sushi, I am sure it is gonna be a hit. I know my kids loved this recipe.
Can I Make These In Advance
Due to the bananas, this dessert needs to be made right as you plan to serve it. The reason being is bananas are delicate, and they will go brown really fast once you remove the peel. So, don’t make these banana sushis until you are ready to dish them up.
- Chocolate sauce
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/8 cup mini M&Ms
- 2 tbsp graham cracker crumbs
- Peel banana and place onto sushi plate. (I actually used the base of a ceramic butter dish and it was a perfect size!)
- Slice with a paring knife and spread banana sushi pieces slightly apart. Drizzle on chocolate sauce.
- Put peanut butter in a disposable pastry bag and heat for 20 seconds. Drizzle on warm peanut butter.
- Sprinkle on mini M&Ms and sprinkle on graham cracker crumbs and colorful sprinkles. Eat immediately with chopsticks or a fork before the banana has a chance to turn brown.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 599Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 254mgCarbohydrates: 90gFiber: 7gSugar: 57gProtein: 11g