Cleaning baseboards is a HUGE job that so many of us put off over and over and over. I seem to always find something I would rather be doing than cleaning baseboards. Check out these Baseboard Cleaning Hacks that I use to make the job a little easier.
1. Remove the majority of dirt and dust from the top of the baseboard before you start. This can be done with a vacuum attachment, or a mini broom or even a clean paint brush.
2. Make sure to vacuum or sweep along the baseboard to keep those crumbs from jumping back up on the baseboard while you finish cleaning.
3. Take a spray bottle filled with soapy water, all purpose cleaner or wood cleaner and spray down a small section of the baseboards.
4. Using a clean cloth, wipe down the tops and sides of the baseboards. You can also use a magic eraser for this task to help with any scuff marks.
5. Use a damp Q-tip to clean out those little corners where the dust loves to gather.
6. To keep your baseboards from gathering extra dust AFTER they are cleaned, wipe them all down with a dryer sheet. It will repel dust for a period and keep the dirt and dust from building up so quickly.
Once they have been given a good cleaning, you can wipe them down once a week with a Swiffer or something similar to keep the dust and dirt from building up.
Cleaning baseboards is one of those jobs that you can either decide you are going to tackle all at once, or you can choose to do one room at a time to ease the pain a bit.
This is also a GREAT chore to get the kids involved. Depending on the age, they can either do the pre-dusting with mini broom or vacuum, or they can even help with the spraying and wiping. If you are concerned with cleaning solutions, hand each child a large bowl of water and a magic eraser and get them started. Put on some music and make it fun.
Using any of these baseboard cleaning hacks, this huge chore will be done before you know it and you will wish you had tackled it sooner.
If you are new to using essential oils make sure you sign up for our FREE Essential Oils eCourse! You can take this Free class to learn exactly how we use Essential Oils in our home. You can also get a FREE $20 Amazon.com Gift Card right now when you purchase an Essential Oils Starter Kit which is the BEST Deal on Young Living Essential Oils! Get all the Details on How to Buy a Young Living Essential Oils Starter Kit Here.
There is only one “hack” here: use a drier sheet to do a final wipe. The rest of it is just what everyone does: dust and wipe the baseboards.
Kids shouldn’t handle magic starts with bare hands.