One of my favorite things to make during the holidays is this Homemade Caramel Corn Recipe! I remember buying Caramel Corn when I was little at the mall and it’s always been one of my favorite holiday treats.
I saw some adorable Christmas Tins at Hobby Lobby the other day for 50% off and I thought you could easily make your own Popcorn Tins and give them as gifts. This would be a delicious gift that is very inexpensive to make at home.
You can store this in an airtight container and it stays fresh. I made this recently before we had company over and everyone loved it! It’s a great snack to just have sitting out when you have Friends and Family members over during the holidays.
Print this recipe:
- 6 Quarts Popped Popcorn
- 1 Cup Butter or Margarine
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Corn Syrup
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- Place Popcorn in Greased 9x13 Baking Pans
- Combine Butter, Sugar, Corn Syrup and Salt in a Pan
- Cook on High until the mixture starts to boil
- Lower Heat and boil for 5 minutes
- Remove Syrup Mixture and add in Baking Soda, then Stir
- Pour over Pans of Popcorn
- Bake at 250 for an hour, stir every 15 minutes
- Pour Popcorn onto foil and let cool
Make sure you Follow Me on Pinterest!