Chocolate chip cupcakes with a cookie dough frosting are going to blow your mind on the cookie factor! Light, moist, and tasty homemade chocolate chip cupcakes, that are topped with a homemade cookie dough frosting. The perfect treat for bake sales, play dates, birthday parties and more.
The cookie dough frosting is what turns these awesome cupcakes into a masterpiece! The edible cookie dough frosting gives you that creamy and luxurious cookie dough flavor and texture you love! Try not to eat all the frosting before you pile it onto your baked cupcakes! It is hard to resist, trust me!
The Best Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Edible Cookie Dough Frosting
I want to touch on this right away. If you bake your flour in the oven before you make your frosting it will be edible to eat. I know a lot of people are concerned about eating raw flour, so baking 5-10 minutes at 350 degrees is the way to go. You will not change the flavor of the cookie dough frosting, and it will be safe to consume.
Here are More Cupcake Recipes To Try
How to Cook Flour For Cookie Dough Frosting
You can run a risk of getting food poisoning for eating raw flour. The risk is smaller than say eating raw eggs, but still, there is a risk you will take.
To cook the flour just lay it out on a cookie sheet, and bake for 5-10 minutes at 350 degrees. Every few minutes I would give the flour a little stir to help ensure it baked the flour all over. You will lose a little of the cookie dough flavor by cooking the flour but it is up to you to cook the flour or not. You just run the risk if you don’t.
Best Way To Store Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cookie Dough Frosting
I find storing your cupcakes in the fridge is best. This will keep them fresher longer, and you can eat cold or take it out and let it reach room temperature.
Can You Freeze Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cookie Dough Frosting
You indeed can freeze these cupcakes. Just place in an airtight container and toss in the freezer. When ready to serve just allow to thaw at room temperature and serve. I do recommend eating them within 1-2 months of freezing them.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cookie Dough Frosting
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 ½ Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 Cups Mini, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 12 Mini Chips Ahoy Cookies (optional)
Ingredients for Cookie Dough Frosting
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ½ Cup granulated sugar
- ½ Cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 – 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour (You can Bake this for 5-10 Minutes in the oven at 350 Degrees if worried about eating it raw)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ⅓ Cup milk
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions for Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Cookie Dough Frosting
- In a Large Mixing Bowl combine Butter, Brown Sugar, and Heavy Cream. Mix well until everything is blended.
- Add in Vanilla and Eggs one at a time Mix well until everything is combined.
- Slowly add in Flour, Baking Powder, and the Salt
- Continue mixing until everything is combined.
- Slowly stir in Chocolate Chips. Spoon into a muffin tin with liners.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes
- For the Frosting combine the Softened Butter, Brown Sugar, Sugar, Vanilla and Salt in a mixer and mix well.
- Slowly add in Flour and Milk alternating until everything is combined.
- Stir in Chocolate Chips. Pipe Frosting onto Cooled Cupcakes and top with a Mini Chips Ahoy Cookie for Decoration!
Ingredients for Cookie Dough Frosting
As you can see these cupcakes will be a show stopper at your next party or treat for your family! Easy to make, and worth the wait, is what you get in these outstanding cookie dough frosting cupcakes.