Christmas Cake Mix Cookie Bars require just 4 simple ingredients to give you this incredible dessert to serve up your family and friends. Cake mix cookie bars are so easy, tasty, and kids will want one more nibble.
Christmas Cake Mix Cookie Bars
These cookie bars are fantastic for bake sales, holiday entertaining, or packing into your child’s lunch! No matter when you make these bars, you will love the simplicity of the prep and delicious recipe.
What Do You Need To Make These Bars
- Yellow Cake Mix
- Holiday M&M’s
Can I Use A Different Flavor Cake Mix
Essentially you can use almost any flavor of cake mix to make these cake bars. I reached for yellow cause it is what we had and my family loves the flavor. But white, chocolate, or other flavored cake mixes can be used in replacement.
In terms of using a gluten-free cake mix, I would assume it would work. I have not tried the gluten-free method so I can’t fully vouch that it will work or not.
How to Know When Cookie Bars Are Done
Take a toothpick and stick in the center of the bars. When the toothpick comes out clean without the cake dough you know your cookie bars are done. You will also find that the edges pull in a slight bit, and it will turn a little golden brown on top.
If you overbake the bars, they will be drier in texture, and kind of crumble. So, just keep an eye on your cookie bars.
- Consider changing up the colors of the M&M’s to fit the holiday season you are in.
- Use any flavor of cake mix.
- I recommend using butter not margarine for this recipe.
- Store your cake mix cookie bars in a container to prevent them from drying out.
- You can freeze your cake mix bars for up to 3 months in the freezer.
Looking For More Christmas Recipes
- 7 Gorgeous Christmas Cakes | If you are considering to make a Christmas cake this holiday season, here are some breathtaking cakes to consider to make.
- Breakfast Recipes for Christmas Morning | Start your holiday morning with some festive breakfast recipes. Here are 15 easy and delicious ideas to consider.
- Angel Food Christmas Candy | Here is a simple candy that is such a classic. Whip it up for all your entertaining needs.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2cups M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x9 baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, and butter, and mix.
- Add M&Ms and mix. Spread into a baking pan with a spatula and bake for 25-30 minutes or until bars are golden. Using the parchment paper, remove from pan and cut into nine squares.
*If desired, you can bake this in a 9x13 pan, but decrease the baking time to
account for the thinner bars.