Christmas Wish Ornament is a wonderful way to show gratitude or what you wish for this season. Create a Christmas ornament that you write down all things you are thankful or hoping on for this holiday season. Fun games your kid wants, being together for the holidays, or any other wish that comes to mind.
This is a very similar to my gratitude pumpkin for the Thanksgiving season. Help your family learn how to be grateful and thankful in a fun way.
When To Make This Christmas Ornament
- As a new family tradition each year.
- Do it Christmas eve as a family thing.
- Gift this to a loved one full of your things you are grateful for about them that you can’t be with this holiday season.
- Great for making a family ornament.
What Supplies Do I Need For This DIY
Christmas Ornament – You can use glass or plastic for this holiday ornament. If you have little kids I recommend plastic.
Paint Pens – You can find these in the craft section!
How To Store Wet Ornament So Paint Pen Won’t Smear
Now, the paint pens will need to have time to dry. So I find that making sure you have an area to place your ornament where it won’t roll. Use an egg carton or muffin tin to sit your ornament in.
This works like a charm, and then once the paint is dry on the ornament, then hang on the tree.
Want More Christmas Ideas
- DIY Buffalo Plaid Christmas Decorations
- Christmas Scavenger Hunt For Kids
- Letter From Santa
- Free Christmas Printable Budget Planner
- Gift Wrapped Door
What Are The Best Type of Ornaments To Use
I recommend that you use an ornament that is white or silver. Try to stay away from glitter ornaments that are glitter on the outside. If the glitter is inside, then you can have a clean surface to write on.
If the ornaments are different colors you will find you might need to use a white pen instead of colored if it is say a black ornament.
- White Christmas Ornament
- Paint Pens
- Take a white Christmas ornament and then grab a paint pen and write out a wish or something you are grateful for.
- Have each member in the family do this.
- Place the ornament in a muffin tin or egg carton so it can sit and dry. If you don't allow the paint to dry it will smudge.
- Once the paint is dry hang your Christmas wish ornament on your tree.