Cilantro Lime Chicken with Avocado and Black Bean Salsa is the perfect dinner to whip up this week. Juicy chicken that is marinated for ultimate flavor, topped with fresh avocado and black bean salsa! Cook on the grill or stovetop, for one oustanding chicken dinner recipe!
The marinade for this chicken helps it to be juicy but also offers zesty, tangy and a citrus twist to the chicken. This cilantro lime chicken is anything but plain! Trust me you will want to make this chicken recipe.
Here are more chicken recipes
Cilantro Lime Chicken
Serve alone or over a bed of rice, cauliflower rice, or even quinoa. You will be making this cilantro chicken over and over again this summer!
How Long Do You Marinade Cilantro Lime Chicken
You can marinade your cilantro lime chicken for as little as 15 minutes all the way up to overnight. Of course, the longer your chicken sets in the marinade the more flavorful your end result will be!
Best Way To Store Leftover Cilantro Chicken
You can easily store your leftovers in a container in the fridge for up to three days. Use the leftover chicken for meal prepping for the week. Sometimes with the leftover chicken, we will slice it up and top salads the next night with it or make chicken taco salads for a different take on the chicken!
Avocado & Black Bean Salsa
If you want to really dress up your chicken this avocado and black bean salsa are where it is at! Fresh avocado, red onion, tomatoes, corn, and black beans come together for one light and refreshing salsa. You don’t have to top your chicken with this, but I highly recommend it!
How To Make Cilantro Lime Chicken
Cilantro Lime Chicken Ingredients:
- 1 ½ lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- ½ Cup Lime Juice
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Honey
- ⅓ Cup Cilantro, Chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Pepper
- ½ tsp. Paprika
- 2 Avocados, Diced
- ½ Red Onion, Diced
- ¼ Cup Cilantro, Diced
- ½ 15 oz. Can of Black Beans, Rinsed & Drained
- 30-40 Cherry Tomatoes, Cut in Half or Quarters
- 1 Cup Fresh Sweet Corn off the cob, or Frozen Corn (Thawed and Drained)
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Pepper
- Place Chicken into a Gallon Size Plastic Bag
- Add Lime Juice, Oilve Oil, Honey, Cilantro, Garlic, Salt, Pepper, & Paprika
- Let Chicken sit 15 minutes or overnight in the fridge
- Grill Chicken in a Pan or on the Grill for 6-7 Minutes per side over Medium-High Heat (until the center of the chicken is at least 165 degrees)
- In a large bowl mix Avocados, Red Onion, Cilantro, Black Beans, Tomatoes and Corn
- Top with Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, Salt and Pepper and Mix Well!!!
- Serve Salsa over the Grilled Chicken!
Have you tried cilantro lime chicken before?