My Mongolian chicken recipe is quick and easy and quite frankly tastes better than takeout from your favorite restaurant. Cooked in a salty and sweet sauce, this chicken dinner is one that will please the whole family. Grab your Instant Pot and let’s get to cooking this tasty Mongolian chicken dinner.
Who doesn’t love a good Mongolian Beef? Well, if you love Mongolian beef, give my Mongolian chicken a try as well. They are similar but let me say the savory and sweet component to my chicken served over a bed of rice is just want the doctor ordered. I made a homemade sauce for this dish, and it really brings the sweet and savory together nicely.
Instant Pot Mongolian Chicken Recipe
The reason why I chose the Instant Pot for this recipe is that it cooks up dinners in a fraction of the time while using less energy. With little to no effort I toss my ingredients in, let them cook and the Instant Pot does the rest. Because of the high pressure, it really breaks down the sauce and gives you a tender and juicy chicken. No dry chicken here.
Other Easy Instant Pot Recipes
What Does Mongolian Chicken Taste Like
If you have never tried this chicken, it is a really tasty dish. You will find it has garlic, green onions, brown sugar, soy sauce, and more that come together to give you that sweet and savory mix in each bite. Tender bits of chicken, that are smothered in the sauce. Pair with noodles or rice, and trust me, you will want seconds.
How to Make A Mongolian Chicken Recipe At Home
Ingredients For Mongolian Chicken Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken, Diced into 1” Pieces
- ½ Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp. Ground Ginger
- 2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp. Black Pepper
- ½ tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Corn Starch
- 2 Tbsp. Water
- 1 Bunch of Green Onions
- 2 Cups Rice, Cooked for serving
Directions For Mongolian Chicken Recipe
- Combine the Soy Sauce, Brown Sugar, Ginger, Garlic, Black Pepper, Onion Powder in a small bowl and mix well until combined.
- Heat Instant Pot on Saute and heat Olive Oil
- Add in Chicken to Instant Pot and lightly brown on the outside
- Pour sauce mixture over the chicken thighs and cover and seal your instant pot
- Cook on Manual for 15 minutes
- Use Quick Pressure Release to open the Instant Pot
- Turn Saute Feature back on and let simmer until the sauce reduces a little
- Mix Cornstarch and Water in a small bowl with a fork. Add to Instant Pot and simmer until the sauce thickens
- Add in Green Onions for garnish and serve over rice.
See how simple this Chinese chicken recipe is?
This is one recipe I have added into my meal planning. It makes us feel like we are dining out but without having to leave home. It helps keep us in check of our budget and taste better than take- out.
I think you all will really enjoy the ease and taste of my easy chicken dinner recipe. We love chicken, and this chicken recipe is a total winner in our books.