I have been wanting to try a Crockpot Rolls Recipe for a while now, and I thought with Thanksgiving coming up this would be a perfect recipe to help you free up a little oven space. I couldn’t find a recipe I liked so I decided to use my Rhodes Freezer Dinner Rolls Recipe and it turned out great! My husband even commented that they tasted like the Sister Schubert’s Rolls which I took as a complement :)
Once your dough has risen once you can roll the dough into balls and place them on Parchment Paper in your Crock Pot. This makes them so easy to remove! Then you just turn your crock pot on Low for about an hour and a half, then on high for about an Hour to bake! They come out perfectly cooked!
Here’s the recipe I used. This makes about 9-10 rolls which filled up my 6 Qt. Crock Pot. You could easily double this recipe and freeze half (After the first rise) Or use 2 crock pots to cook.Print
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Yeast
- 3/4 Cup Warm Water (110-120 degrees)
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Combine Dry Ingredients in Bowl and Set Aside.
- Combine Yeast and Warm Water and let Yeast Proof for 5 minutes
- Combine Yeast Mixture and Flour Mixture and stir
- Knead about 5 Minutes until smooth and elastic
- Place in a greased bowl, Cover and Let Double in Size (About an hour)
- Roll Dough into 1″ Balls and place in Crockpot on Low for 1 hour
- Turn up temperature in Crock Pot to High for another hour
- Brush Tops of Rolls with Melted Butter and serve warm!
Make sure you Follow Me on Pinterest!
Last Updated on