I have been wanting to try a Crockpot Rolls Recipe for a while now, and I thought with Thanksgiving coming up this would be a perfect recipe to help you free up a little oven space.
I couldn’t find a recipe I liked so I decided to use my Rhodes Freezer Dinner Rolls Recipe and it turned out great! My husband even commented that they tasted like the Sister Schubert’s Rolls which I took as a compliment :)
Once your dough has risen once you can roll the dough into balls and place them on Parchment Paper in your Crock-Pot. This makes them so easy to remove!
Then you just turn your Crock-Pot on low for about an hour and a half, then on high for about an hour to bake! They come out perfectly cooked!
Here’s the recipe I used. This makes about 9-10 rolls which filled up my 6 Qt. Crock-Pot. You could easily double this recipe and freeze half (After the first rise) Or use 2 Crock-Pots to cook.
- 2 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Yeast
- 3/4 Cup Warm Water (110-120 degrees)
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Combine Dry Ingredients in Bowl and Set Aside.
- Combine Yeast and Warm Water and let Yeast Proof for 5 minutes
- Combine Yeast Mixture and Flour Mixture and stir
- Knead about 5 minutes until smooth and elastic
- Place in a greased bowl, Cover and Let Double in Size (About an hour)
- Roll dough into 1" balls and place in Crockpot on Low for 1 hour
- Turn up the temperature in Crock-Pot to High for another hour
- Brush Tops of Rolls with Melted Butter and serve warm!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 323mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 3g
Make sure you Follow Me on Pinterest!