I love these DIY Fizzy Toilet Bombs! They are super easy to make and a great way to clean and freshen the bathroom whenever it needs it.
Just a few ingredients is all it takes to make these toilet bowl disinfectants. A natural way to clean and deodorize the bathroom. Just drop one of these homemade tablets into the bowl and it will fizz away germs and bacteria leaving your bowl clean and fresh.
Here is how you can make your own Fizzy Toilet Bombs:
What you Need:
>> 1 cup baking soda
>> 1/4 cup citric acid
>> 1 tablespoon hydrogen peroxide
>> 30-50 drops of essential oils (Lavender, Peppermint and Lemon all work well. Mix it up around the holidays with something like wintergreen.)
What you Do:
1. Mix together the baking soda and citric acid into a bowl.
2. Add hydrogen peroxide just a few drops at a time and mix with baking soda and citric acid. (Too much at a time will cause a big fizzy mess.)
3. Add you favorites essential oils and mix well. (You can try new oils each time or even try a mixture of a couple of your favorites.)
4. If your mixture doesn’t clump together well at this point, add a little bit more hydrogen peroxide and mix again.
5. To form your toilet bombs, you can fill the mixture into a silicone mold and let dry for at least 4 hours. Or you can just form small tablets out of a measuring spoon or any small container. A melon baller works great! Just make sure they are packed in good and then turn over onto some wax paper and let dry.
Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide are natural and wonderful cleaning products. Citric acid just kicks the cleaning up a notch. And the addition of essential oils is a great way to add a wonderful scent to the cleaner.
There are so many great uses for essential oils. These DIY Toilet Fizzy Bombs are just one example. I love finding new ways to make more natural cleaning products incorporating all of the great scents and qualities of essential oils.
If you are new to using essential oils make sure you sign up for our FREE Essential Oils eCourse! You can take this Free class to learn exactly how we use Essential Oils in our home. You can also get a FREE $20 Amazon.com Gift Card right now when you purchase an Essential Oils Starter Kit which is the BEST Deal on Young Living Essential Oils! Get all the Details on How to Buy a Young Living Essential Oils Starter Kit Here.
So I followed the recipe and they did not work. They just sat in the bottom of the toliet. What did I do wrong?
So I made these and they smell fabulous ! They came out a bit crumbly on my first attempt. Second try, no crumbling but they are getting a strange discoloration. Almost looks like mold. Any advice ?
I live way out in the country and do not have any essential oils. Is that just to make it smell good or must I have them for this product to work?
If you can’t find citric acid can you just use more peroxide?
We really recommend following the recipes as stated on the site. Peroxide will not work the same as Citric Acid, one is a powder and one is a liquid.