Since lots of classrooms have no food rules due to allergies, these DIY Pencil Arrows are the perfect classroom gift idea to give classmates and a neat Valentine gift for kids.
We have several kids in our classes with allergies so that makes it hard to find a valentines day gift that’s Allergy Friendly. If you have more than one allergy in the same classroom it can be especially hard. I often choose to just do a Non-Candy Valentine to make it easy and so everyone can be included. Here’s a fun craft kids can make for their friends!
Easy Valentine Pencil Arrows
You can pick up Valentines Pencils at both Target and the Dollar Tree, these packs of 12 are only $1 most places making them super affordable. You can also grab these Valentines Day Pencils on Amazon if you want to order them and get FREE Shipping with Amazon Prime.
Here are the materials you will need:
- Valentine Pencils (I like to sharpen mine but you do not have to)
- Foam Sticker Hearts and additional Valentine Foam Sticker (if desired)
- Washi Tape
- Cut a piece of Washi Tape about 6: in length.
- Place in the center of the pencil near the eraser.
- Fold one side of the tape into the center of the pencil and press firmly to secure. Repeat for the other side.
- Continue by adding 2 additional 6″ pieces of tape just under your first tape, folding both ends into the center and securing.
- Use scissors to trim the tap so it’s even. No matter how hard I tried, it was never in the center of the pencil!
- Use scissors to cut angles on the top and bottom of the tape to create an arrow feather (quiver). Add additional heart stickers to the feather if desired.
- Find two of the same size, or close to the same size foam sticker hearts. Remove the backing and place one on the front of the pencil point and one on the back. Press the two stickers together firmly. Trim any excess foam if the hearts are not the same size or do not line up well.
- Repeat until you have the desired number of pencil arrows.
Don’t Forget to share this easy Valentines Day Classroom Idea with your friends and family, You can also use the image below to pin it to your pinterest boards so it’s easy to find in the future!