Dress up your taco Tuesday with this easy Chicken Dorito Taco Salad! Seasoned chicken, all your favorite taco toppings with a sweet Catalina Dressing mixed in! This Dorito taco salad is truly a breeze to make and something the whole family will agree on.
Dorito taco salad is one of our favorites! There is something about Cheesy Doritos paired with juicy chicken and Catalina dressing! Pile on your favorite taco toppings and enjoy.
Craving more Mexican Recipes
- Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken and Rice
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Mexican Chicken Avocado Bake
Dorito Taco Salad
A little prep is all you need and before you know it you can ring that dinner bell for the family to come running. Pile on a plate or bowl and dive in.
If you have some picky eaters, just leave those toppings off and let each member dress individual salads to fit their tastebuds.
What Goes In A Taco Salad
The nice thing about this chicken taco salad is the ingredients are versatile. Adapt the ingredients used with what you have or enjoy eating. Not a fan of black beans? Swap with pinto beans or skip the beans altogether.
You can mix and match ingredients to fit your exact needs! You could even swap out cheesy Doritos for cool ranch or even Taco flavored Doritos!
Can I Use Ground Beef instead of Chicken or Dorito Taco Salad
Of course! If you are not wanting chicken feel free to swap out for ground beef or even ground turkey or ground chicken.
Just cook up the ground meat and season like you normally would when you go to make tacos! I have used what I have on hand and the flavors work great with any protein I have used.
Can I Make Taco Salad Ahead of Time
The downfall with this recipe is as it sits the lettuce will wilt and break down a bit and the chips can soften. So aim to mix it up and serve right away. If you do want to prep ahead, leave the meat and the chips out. Then right before serving stir it in and serve.
How To Make Dorito Taco Salad
Instructions for Dorito Taco Salad
- 1 ½ lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Cut into Small Pieces
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Package of Taco Seasoning
- 2 Heads of Romaine Lettuce, Chopped
- 1 15 oz. Can of Black Beans, Drained & Rinsed
- 1 lb. of Grape Tomatoes, Cut in half
- 1 Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Cups Nacho Cheese Doritos, Broken into Pieces
- 1 Cup of Catalina Dressing
- Avocado, Sour Cream & Green Onions for Garnish
Directions for Dorito Taco Salad
- Heat Olive Oil in a Skillet over Medium/High Heat
- Place Chicken in the Skillet and sprinkle with Taco Seasoning
- Continue stirring until the Chicken is well cooked.
- Remove Chicken from the Stove and set aside to cool
- In a Large Bowl place Nacho Cheese Doritos, Lettuce, Black Beans, Tomatoes, and Cheese.
- Top with Grilled Chicken (Make sure it’s cooled before you do this or the Lettuce will wilt)
- Drizzle with Catalina Dressing and Toss to Coat Everything Evenly
- Serve with Sour Cream, Green Onions, and Avocado!
Boy, I can’t rave enough about how simple and delicious this recipe is. If you love South of the Border flavor, you will fall in love with this simple Tex-Mex taco salad.
Feel free to pile on your favorite taco toppings. We reach for fresh sliced avocado or guacamole, green onions, sour cream, and sometimes even more shredded cheese. Fix your salad however it tastes good to you!