Work from Home and Teach English Online! You can work from anywhere as long as you have the ability to connect to the internet with your computer and have one year or 500 hours of teaching experience!
I have a friend that has been working for VIPKID for 8 months! She is a teacher and loves it! Working at night and on the weekends fits her schedule well which is also when teachers are most needed because of the time delay with the kids in China that you’re teaching.
She has freedom during the day and then works at night which makes it easy to work around your schedule. The great thing is that YOU set your hours and are in charge of how much you make! This is also a perfect opportunity for a teacher that would love to teach, but isn’t able to have a year round teaching schedule.
I know my Mother-In-Law would be fabulous at this because she’s a retired school teacher. She could still travel and have some time off, but earn some fun spending money to travel with her husband. Are you a stay-at-home Mom with a teaching degree? This could be a great part-time opportunity for you too!
VIPKID in a Nutshell
VIPKID is an online teaching source for Chinese students to learn English from qualified teachers. Teachers set their own availability to teach 1-on-1 classes and earn income while working from home.
Do you have a Degree? Have you ever taught before? If you have both of those and have a computer & internet, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
- Applicant MUST have 1 year or 500 hours of teaching experience, in the US or Canada
- Applicant MUST Have an Undergraduate degree
- Internet+Computer required (work from home or anywhere!)
You are in charge of your own compensation with this job since you are setting your own availability to teach. You can also earn incentives on top of base pay, so the income potential is really up to you!
- Earn $14-22 per hour
- Incentives are available to earn more than the base rate
- Earn Up to $2,000 per month
- Lesson plans, course materials, etc. all provided
Classes are set up as 30 minute teaching sessions, but you can schedule back-to-back classes. I love that you’re teaching 1-on-1 for a personalized experience for each child!
- Teach English to Chinese Students
- One-on-One Teaching
- 30 Minute Classes
Scheduling is the best part about this job because you can work around you and your families timetable. You can still do all the things you need to for your family, but also use your skills to help children learn English when it’s convenient for both of you!
- All classes are taught during Beijing peak times which are generally Mon-Fri 6 to 10 p.m. and Saturday & Sunday 9 am to 10 pm
- One month in advance teachers enter their weekly availability on VIPKID
- Teachers receive their teaching schedules by email weekly
- You are chosen/booked according to your availability & ability
- Earn more bookings by becoming a highly sought after teacher with tips from VIPKID
Are you looking for a way to have more flexibility with your job? Maybe you are a retired teacher and want to set your own schedule. Perhaps you got your degree in teaching and have been a stay-at-home mom for the last few years. This could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Get started in your teaching career with VIPKID today!
Last Updated on