Easter Egg Hand Pies are a tasty treat for kids and adults. These peach hand pies are a 4-ingredient dessert that is crazy simple to whip up.
Easter Egg Hand Pies
Whip up these hand pies for a quick and easy after school dessert, breakfast treat for the kids, or afternoon snack option for yourself or kids. I have tons of Easter ideas for you to consider.
Craving more Easter Ideas
- Easy Easter Snack Cakes
- Farmhouse Easter Decor From Dollar Tree
- Easter Bunny Skewers
- How to Dye Easter Eggs Using Silk
How To Make Hand Pies
You will want to use your egg-shaped cookie cutter to work over the thawed puff pastry. Then do your egg wash, followed by your pie filling, then crimp the edges to ensure the filling doesn’t come out.
Bake according to the recipe card below. You will find the full list of directions below.
Can I Use Other Fruit Filling For Hand Pies
Absolutely! You can use any type of pie filling you would like. I wanted to do peach but you are welcome to use any. Cherry, mixed fruit, lemon filling and more.
You could also slice up some fresh fruit and place in the center of your hand pies as well.
Can I Use A Different Type of Crust
You could easily use pie crust if you want instead just make to poke a hole in the center so that it doesn’t swell up and pop off. You would still crimp the edges.
I found that the puff pastry works fantastic but you are welcome to use pie crust if you prefer.
How To Store Hand Pies
You will want to store your hand pies in the fridge once they have cooled down. You can store in an airtight container for up to a week. They are best when served warm, but you can reheat them in the microwave if you want a fresh out of the oven taste.
- Peach Pie Filling
- 1 Box Frozen Puff Pastry Sheets
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- Thaw the puff pastry sheets in the fridge. Lay puff pastry sheets on
a floured surface.
- Cut out egg shapes from both sheets with Easter egg cookie cutter.
- You should be able to cut out 6 eggs from each
sheet, giving you a total of 6 hand pies, with a top and bottom for
each. However, the actual number will depend on the size of your
- Whisk together the egg and milk to create the egg wash.
- Brush the egg wash along the sides of half of the eggs; these
will be the bottom of the hand pies. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of pie
filling into the center of the eggs which have the egg wash already
- Place the other half of the cut-out eggs over the top of the pie filling.
- Try to line up the edges and crimp around them with a fork to seal them shut.
- With a sharp knife, slice 2 or 3 slits on top Brush the tops of the hand pies with the egg wash, and chill in the
fridge for 30 minutes. Sprinkle sugar on top.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the tops are golden
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: `
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 61Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 26mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g