Looking for a fun and easy Easter Recipe to make with your kiddos this year?? Check out my new favorite dessert – this Easter Eggs Oreo Truffles Recipe!!
Easter Eggs Oreo Truffles Recipe
One of my all-time favorite recipes for just about any occasion is this Easter Eggs Oreo Truffles Recipe, They are perfect for game day recipes, baby showers, Holidays, and just about every day in between :) I mean let’s be honest who doesn’t love Oreos???
I started with the Basic Oreo Truffles Recipe and modified it a little bit so that there was a larger proportion of cream cheese to Oreos, I mainly did this so that I could roll the dough flat and cut the Egg Shape with a Cookie Cutter.
I picked up 2 Easter Egg Cookie Cutters at Walmart for $1.88 this year, I used the larger one for these Easter Egg Rice Krispie Treats and the smaller one for these Oreo Truffles.
Once I blended together the Oreos and the Cream Cheese I pressed it out between 2 pieces of Parchment Paper until it was about 1/2″ Thick and even across the top. Then I placed it in the freezer. I found it easier to cut the Oreos while the dough was Frozen because it’s pretty soft when room temperature and the eggs were falling apart.
Once you cut all your Egg Shapes out of the Dough you will want to re-freeze the eggs. The colder the better, and if you are making a full recipe you may find that you want to dip half in chocolate at a time with the remaining half in the freezer so that it doesn’t thaw out too much.
I used White Almond Bark to dip my Oreo Truffle Easter Eggs and a Canned Frosting for the decorations. You can also use Colored Candy Melts and Sprinkles, there are really no rules so you can decorate them however you want!
Here’s the exact recipe I used, Just click on the recipe to print it out.
- 1 Family Size Package of OREOS (Or about 1/2 regular packages)
- 2 8 oz. Cream Cheese Blocks
- 2 Lbs. of White Chocolate or White Almond Bark
- 1 Jar of Pillsbury Frosting
- Food Coloring
- In a Food Processor combine the Oreos and Softened Cream Cheese
- Blend well until everything is well mixed
- Press mixture out to 1/2" thick between 2 pieces of Wax Paper or Parchment Paper
- Place Mixture into the Freezer for approx. 30 minutes
- Remove from Freezer and Cut into shapes with Cookie Cutters
- Place cut out shapes in the Freezer
- Melt White Chocolate Bark according to the package directions
- Dip Frozen Eggs into White Chocolate and place on Foil or Parchment Paper to cool
- Use Food Coloring to tint the frosting and place in a Bakery Bag
- Pipe Designs onto Hardened Chocolate Eggs for decoration (Optional)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 0gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g