Here is an Easy Homemade Pumpkin Pie Recipe for Thanksgiving and Christmas!
If your family loves Pumpkin Pies, or Pumpkin Recipes in general, check out this Easy Homemade Pumpkin Pie Recipe! This is a great Thanksgiving Dessert Recipe or Christmas Dessert Recipe! My Dad loves Pumpkin Pie, and it is normally one of our staple Holiday Desserts! What are some of your family traditions and dessert recipes around the holidays?!
Easy Homemade Pumpkin Pie Recipe
1 cup Shortening
2 cup Flour
4 tbsp cold Water
2 tsp White Vinegar
3/4 cup Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Ginger
1/4 tsp Cloves
15 oz Pumpkin Puree
12 oz Evaporated Milk
Work shortening into flour with a pastry cutter until texture resembles meal.
Beat egg and add to mixture.
Add cold water and vinegar and stir until just incorporated.
Place in a zipperd bag.
Flatten to about 1/2″ with a rolling pin.
Freeze for at least 20 minutes.
Preheat oven to 425.
Roll out on a floured surface and place in pie pan.
Mix sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves together.
Beat eggs in large bowl.
Add in pumpkin,sugar mixture and evaporated milk.
Pour mixture into pie shell.
Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes then reduce temperature to 350 and bake for another 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
Cool on wire rack.
- 1 cup Shortening
- 2 cup Flour
- 1 Egg
- 4 tbsp cold Water
- 2 tsp White Vinegar
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Cloves
- 2 Eggs
- 15 oz Pumpkin Puree
- 12 oz Evaporated Milk
- Work shortening into flour with a pastry cutter until the texture resembles meal.
- Beat egg and add to mixture.
- Add cold water and vinegar and stir until just incorporated.
- Place in a zippered bag.
- Flatten to about 1/2" with a rolling pin.
- Freeze for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Roll out on a floured surface and place in the pie pan.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and cloves together.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- Add in pumpkin, sugar mixture and evaporated milk.
- Pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes then reduce temperature to 350 and bake for another 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 421Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 181mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 8g
Plus, check out these Fall Straws that are perfect for Thanksgiving! You can also get Christmas Straws at Amazon! Receive Free Shipping with Amazon Prime, or Free Super Saver Shipping on orders of $35 or more!
Also, be sure to check out this Baked Apples Chimichangas Recipe! This is another great Fall and Winter Dessert Recipe!
This is the BEST way to stay on top of all the awesome deals we share each day!
Make sure you Follow Me on Pinterest!
Pricing subject to Change at any time. Please make sure you check the current price on Amazon.com before purchasing.