Here is one of my Mother In Law’s famous recipes. It has become one of my favorite recipes to take to a party because it’s simple to make ahead of time and it uses basic ingredients that you probably have on hand. These Cheesy Potatoes go great with Grilled Chicken, Burgers and so much more!
Cheesy Potatoes Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
This Cheesy Potatoes Recipe is a family favorite that started in my Mother In Law's Kitchen. It's one of my favorite recipes to take to a party because it's simple to make ahead of time!
- Cooking Spray or Butter (to coat dish)
- 2 - 16 oz. Bags of Shredded Hashbrowns (thawed)
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 Soup Cans of Milk
- 16 oz. Shredded Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Spray a Casserole Dish with Cooking Spray or rub bottom and sides with Butter
- Combine Cream of Chicken Soup & 2 Cans of Milk in the Dish
- Salt and Pepper the Soup Mixture
- Slowly stir in Thawed Potatoes
- Cover with Shredded Cheese and Bake at 350 Degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until potatoes are completely cooked.
Make sure you thaw the hashbrowns before trying to make this recipe. It won't work if they're frozen!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 616Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 1560mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 19g
Here is another version. instead of cream of chicken soup use 1 can each cream of potatoe and 1 can of cheddar cheese soup, add some chopped onions…yum also can add about 4 oz of sour cream