Some of my favorite sales each year are Halloween Clearance Sales and the days AFTER a big Holiday, that’s because we see HUGE Discounts on items almost immediately. Typically the Day after Halloween we see Candy drop to 30-50% off depending on the store and décor items, costumes and more are as much as 50-70% off!
So the question is always, to buy, or not to buy…. I thought I would give you my Top 5 List of Items to Buy on Halloween Clearance!
What to Buy During Halloween Clearance Sales
- Candy – This one pretty much goes without saying, but Halloween Candy is typically individually wrapped packages which means it’s perfect for so many different things. Here are a few places you can use extra Halloween Candy from the clearance.
Birthday Party Favors – Buy Non-Halloween packaged items and use them in your kids birthday party favors.
Christmas Stockings – Who says that Candy in stockings has to be in Christmas Packaging? Most kids won’t even notice and you can save a lot of money by planning ahead.
Classroom Treats & Treasure Boxes – If you child’s school has a treasure box or rewards system the after Halloween Clearance is a great time to stock up.
Sunday School Rewards – We give out candy each week in our 1st Grade Sunday School Class for kids that are memorizing the monthly memory verse, I always stock up for rewards like this during after holiday clearance sales.
- Costumes – This is another thing that is really cheap immediately after Halloween. You can pick up extra costumes to use for Birthday and Christmas Presents. My kids love playing dress up all year long so this is a great time load up on inexpensive costumes.IDEA: We are doing a dress up trunk for my little girl this year at Christmas since she has outgrown most of her princess costumes. I’m going to load up on bigger size costumes to use in her big gift.
- Candles – One of the things that often go on sale during the Halloween Season is candles and tea lights. These small candles are also great for Christmas Decorating, I like to grab Tea Lights on Halloween Clearance and use them in my Holiday Decorating!
- Baking Mixes and Supplies – As soon as Halloween is over stores put most of their fall baking mixes, paper plates, napkins, tableware and more on sale to make room for Christmas Items. Keep your eyes open for these disposable items and baking supplies, you can often find items you’ll use in Holiday Baking on clearance after Halloween so make sure you watch for and even price check these items to see if they are marked down.
- Pumpkin Decorations – You can stock up on Halloween Decorations for next year, but most people decorate for fall before Halloween so most of the Pumpkin and Fall themed decorations also go on sale this time of year, again stores are clearing out for new Christmas and Holiday items so to make room they clear out most of the Fall and Pumpkin Decorations. If you haven’t decorated for Thanksgiving and fall this is a great time to shop for items that are marked down.
There are so many ways you can get creative and use Halloween Clearance Items, the trick is to look for items that can be used for more than one occasion. Also, remember to shop the clearance sales early for the best selection, then check back again about a week after the sale starts for final mark downs.
I like to buy any items I really want, or things that are in short supply during the first mark down, then I’ll often head back to the final markdown and take another look at items I might be able to re-purpose or use for upcoming parties, holidays and events.
I’d love to know what your Must-Have items are for Halloween Clearance, Leave a comment and let us know!
Last Updated on