Here is a super-easy way to learn how to make spiderweb Halloween donuts! These offer that spooky Halloween feels in a fun and playful way, great for kids. This spiderweb donuts recipe is rather simple.
I start with store-bought donuts. If you have a homemade donut recipe you know and love, go ahead and whip up a batch. Either way decorating your spiderweb donuts are rather simple!
Here are more Halloween Ideas
- Keto Halloween Recipes | These are sweet and savory options to make for anyone on a low carb diet. Great for everyday, parties and more.
- Halloween Party Decor | Find fun and spooky ways to dress up your home, office or outdoor space for the Halloween holiday.
- Dollar Tree Halloween Finds | Decorate and use these items you find at the Dollar Tree for Halloween. On a budget or looking for some cheap items, then head over to this list.
This is a great breakfast treat to make for kids for a fun Halloween breakfast idea. Or buy a dozen or so donuts and make and take to play dates, school parties and more. There is no wrong time for donuts in my books!
How Do You Make Spiderweb Donuts
Head over and grab this free printable spiderweb template. You can easily download, print and use this to create that perfect spiderweb each and every time.
I use this as a guide to making my spiderwebs. You will print the page out, and then lay a piece of wax paper or parchment paper over the printable. Then grab that white chocolate and get it melted and in a piping bag or plastic squirt bottle. Then trace the spiderweb lines. Allow the chocolate to harden, gently remove and top your donuts!
Or if you are very good with piping or drawing you can draw the webs directly on the donuts! Either way works great and you get that same fun spiderweb look.
What Is The Best Way To Melt Chocolate
I like to go the easy route. I pour my melting chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and place it in the microwave and heat at 20-second intervals, stirring in between each heat cycle. Then once the chocolate is fully melted and no lumps.
Or if you don’t want to use the microwave reach for a double boiler. This is a great way to heat your chocolate low and slow to prevent it from getting too hot and burning.
Either method will work.
- Chocolate Glazed Donuts
- White Chocolate Melts
- Template for Spiderweb
- Parchment or Wax Paper
- Start by printing out your Halloween Spiderweb printable. Then lay it down on the counter.
- Take a piece of parchment paper or wax paper and sit over it. You will still be able to see the design.
- Melt your chocolate and pour into a squirt bottle or piping bag with a small tip.
- Trace the lines over the wax paper making the shape of the web. Allow the chocolate to harden.
- Once hardened, gently remove from the wax paper and top your donuts.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 67Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 26mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
What Are The Best Donuts To Use for Spiderweb Donuts
You can use any style of donut you want. Filled, cake donuts, or even glazed. I love the look of a chocolate frosted donut, it really allows the spiderweb to stand out more. But, feel free to use any type of donut you want.
The template is for full-size donuts. So if you use mini donuts they will be too little and the web will be too large.
Can I Use A Different Color Of Chocolate To Make Spiderwebs
Of course. If you want buy any of the melting chocolates you want. Orange, purple, black, all would be fun. Just make sure that whatever color you pick will stand out on top of your donuts. You wouldn’t want a black spiderweb on a chocolate glazed donut. It would be hard for it to stand out. But something like purple, bright green or orange could look fun.