Looking for an easy Halloween Sugar Cookie Recipe? A homemade sugar cookie with a white chocolate ghost to top it for that ghostly Halloween cookie feel. Serve these up for kids and adults to enjoy.
I love a sugar cookie, I will never turn it down. Add on a white chocolate ghost and you have added a sweetness that fits the holiday. If you are looking for an easy Halloween dessert try these cookies.
Halloween Sugar Cookies
I have a tried and true sugar cookie recipe that is so easy to make. Then the frosting for these cookies is perfectly smooth and sweet to curb that sweet craving. You and your family will love these cookies.
Do You Refrigerate The Sugar Cookie Dough
No, this dough for the sugar cookie does not have to be refrigerated. It will be a thinner batter than what you would expect from a sugar cookie. Drop spoonfuls onto a parchment-lined or Silpat and bake as directed.
That is why I think these cookies are truly so easy, no refrigerating cookie dough to then roll it out and such!
Can I Use Store-Bought Cookie Dough Instead
Absolutely. If you are not wanting to make homemade cookies, cut that corner and buy premade cookies or opt to get refrigerator cookie dough you slice and bake. Do whatever sounds best for you!
Print The Free Ghost Template for Sugar Cookies
Head here to download and print the free ghost template for these sugar cookies. You will print it out and then lay wax paper over the top of the paper. That way you can pipe your chocolate onto the wax paper lining the shape of the ghost. Then once it dries, draw on a face, and gently lift off the paper and place right on the sugar cookie! I used melted chocolate frosting to put the faces on my cookies.
Looking for more Halloween Ideas
- Layered Halloween Punch | 2 ingredient punch that offers a fun layered effect. Sip away and enjoy this fun Halloween themed punch recipe.
- Spiderweb Donuts | Whip up these donuts for a quick and fun breakfast or afternoon treat for the family!
- Haunted Rice Krispies | Fun ghost-shaped rice Krispies that are sweet as can be, and fun for kids and adults to nibble on.
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, fluffed
- ½ cup salted butter softened
- 32 oz powdered sugar (1 bag)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ - 1 cup heavy cream
- Purple, green, and orange food coloring
- Passion for Savings Downloadable Ghost Template
- 1 bag white chocolate chips or white candy melts, melted
- Chocolate frosting or melted chocolate chips for ghost face
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment
paper. Beat butter and sugar together on high in a large bowl until
- Add sour cream, eggs, and vanilla, and beat until smooth. Add baking
powder, baking soda, and flour. Beat on low until combined. Note:
this dough will be very soft like batter.
- That is what it’s supposed to be like! Drop heaping tablespoons
onto baking sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes, just until centers are
- While the cookies are baking, beat the butter with an electric mixer.
Add salt and vanilla and mix until combined. Gradually alternate
adding the powdered sugar and heavy cream until all the sugar is
added and the frosting reaches your desired consistency.
- Section into three bowls and add desired amount of purple, green, and
orange food coloring into each bowl and mix well. Put in refrigerator
to chill while you create the ghosts.
- To create the chocolate ghosts, print our ghost template and put it
under wax paper so you can see it. Melt the white chocolate and put
in pastry bag.
- Pipe the white chocolate onto the ghost pattern to trace it and fill
in. After it dries, draw on the face with melted chocolate or
chocolate frosting. You can have fun making different expressions for
- Peel the wax paper off the back of the ghosts when they’re
hardened. Once the cookies are cool, frost them with the different
colors of frosting and add a chocolate ghost to each one!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 cookies Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 426 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 61mg Sodium: 218mg Carbohydrates: 75g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 58g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g
How To Store Drop Sugar Cookies
I store these cookies in the fridge due to the frosting. You can place them in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. They will dry out a bit with each day, best to be eaten day 1-3.
Make sure to make these for any of your entertaining needs!