I love finding homemade, and even better, all natural products to replace those I normally buy in the store. This Homemade Body Wash recipe is one of my favorites!
Many of these ingredients I already have on hand around the house. You will find that once you start making your own natural products, they use many of the same ingredients. You can save by buying in bulk and using the same ingredients for all of your homemade beauty and household products.
I was so excited to try this body wash recipe, and I love it! Liquid Castille Soap can be purchased scented or unscented. You can choose unscented and add essential oils for your favorite scent. Or you can choose a soap with a scent you love and omit the essential oils.
What you Need:
- 4 Tablespoons Liquid Castille Soap
- 3 Tablespoons Raw Honey
- 2 Tablespoons of Oil (You can use any of the following: Caster, almond, sesame, or olive.)
- 20-30 drops of your favorite essential oils
What you Do:
- Combine all of the ingredients into a container with a squirt top.
- Shake the mixture gently to combine. You will also want to shake gently before each use as the products may separate when left to sit.
- You can squirt the mixture directly onto your body, or for best use, use a shower pouf. You don’t need much to create a ton of lather using a pouf.
Because all of the items in this recipe are shelf stable, and no water is added, it should keep for 6 months to up to a year. So you can make bigger batches depending on your needs.
This recipe is gentle enough to be used for baby wash. You just will want to elimiate essential oils. There are Liquid Castille Soaps that are made for baby.
You can find some cute bottles to store you homemade body wash and it will feel like you purchased it from a high end beauty products store. Would make some great gift ideas for the holidays as well!
For more information on Young Living Essential Oils, check out my post on How to Buy a Young Living Starter Kit! We have some awesome FREEBIES available this month when you sign up!
If you are new to using essential oils make sure you sign up for our FREE Essential Oils eCourse! You can take this Free class to learn exactly how we use Essential Oils in our home. You can also get a FREE $20 Amazon.com Gift Card right now when you purchase an Essential Oils Starter Kit which is the BEST Deal on Young Living Essential Oils! Get all the Details on How to Buy a Young Living Essential Oils Starter Kit Here.