Our family has really been enjoying lots of great Soups, and Stews this winter and I wanted to share one of my favorite Homemade Bread Bowls Recipe. These are great for serving your favorite soup, stew or chili in, or you can just slice and serve for dipping in your favorite soup! It’s up to you!
Homemade Bread Bowls Recipe
- 1 Tbsp. Active Dry Yeast
- 1 1/4 Cup Warm Water
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Oil
- 3 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- Combine all dry ingredients in a Bowl including Yeast, Salt, and 2 Cups of the Flour
- Slowly add in Warm Water and Oil
- Once the mixture is well mixed, Slowly add the remaining flour and mix until the dough is smooth
- Knead Bread for about 5-8 Minutes until Elastic
- Let Rise in a Clean Bowl, lightly covered for about 45 min.
- Punch Down and Divide into 4 Small Bowls, or 2 Large Bowls and Let Rise another 45 Minutes
- Beat Egg and Water and Brush the Dough Before Putting it into the oven
- Bake at 400 Degrees for 15 Minutes,
- Brush with Egg Mixture Again and Bake another 15 Min.
We had this recently with my favorite Slow Cooker Broccoli & Cheese Soup Recipe! I’ll be sharing that soon so make sure you check back!