My husband loves homemade soup and when he is sick there is nothing he wants other than Chicken Noodle Soup so shortly after we were married I had to learn how to make Chicken Noodle Soup and this is my easy recipe that I wanted to share with you.
This is the first part of a Recipe Re-Mix which means you can cook once, then save the remaining ingredients for a second recipe that I will share with you tomorrow.
You will want to start by making your own Chicken Broth
- 3-4 lbs. of Frozen Chicken Breasts
- 8 Cups of Water
- 1 Bag of Baby Carrots
- 3-4 Stalks of Celery
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large Stock Pan
- Bring to a Boil and reduce to Low Heat so that the water continues to Simmer for around 1-2 hours
- Let Broth Cool and Strain out Vegetables and Chicken
- Use 2 Forks to Shred the Chicken in a Bowl
Divide the Chicken Broth, Carrots and Chicken in half, you will use half for the Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe and save the other half for the Chicken & Biscuits. This can be frozen to use at a later date or put in the fridge to use later in the week.
Combine: Broth, Chicken, Carrots, Celery and add 2 Cups of Water in a Pan
Bring Mixture to a boil, add Wide Egg Noodles and Cook 10 minutes until Noodles are done and Serve!