If you love candles, then you are probably like most people and have a few half empty candles laying around. The containers start to look a little black and they just aren’t as pretty anymore even though they may still smell great. Well now you can take those old candles and make a new pretty one!
When making your own candles you can either do so in a container in which the candle will stay, or you can use a candle mold in which you will remove the candle from when done.
What you need:
–Candle mold or container for new candle
–New candle wick
–Double boiler or two pans of different sizes
What to do:
- Melt your first candle down completely. You can do this using a double boiler or placing a smaller pot into a larger one filled with water. Just make sure the smaller pot is big enough to hold all the wax. If candle is still in a glass container you can also place the entire candle in a pot of boiling water.
- Place new candle wick in the new jar attach the tip to a Popsicle stick or pencil and lay over the top of your mold/container so it doesn’t fall over.
- Pour melted wax from first candle into the mold/container. Let cool.
- Melt down next candle and layer it over the first.
- Repeat until your container is full.
- Cut the wick and enjoy!
Your finished candle may look something like this! These can also be used to make some great homemade gifts!