This If You Give a Teacher a Cookie Mason Jar Gift Idea is the CUTEST and easiest gift for teachers! I love that this can be used for Back to School or Teacher Appreciation Week! There’s even a free printable tag that looks just like the children’s book “If you Gift a Mouse a Cookie”. The idea is that instead of giving your favorite teacher one cookie, you give them the ingredients to make a couple dozen cookies! Here’s the best part, though: instead of taking time to measure out and layer the flour, sugar, and all the other ingredients, this idea is a NO MEASURE cookie mason jar idea!! I love that because our Back to School week is super hectic and this gift idea is a quick and easy solution that I can totally make for multiple teachers!! Read below to find out how to make it!
Supplies Needed for How to Give a Teacher a Cookie Mason Jar Gift Idea
Wide Mouth 32 Oz. Mason Jar
Free Printable Tag – Download the tag here: If You Give a Teacher a Cookie Printable Tag
White Cake Mix – You can use any brand of white cake mix for the If you Give a Teacher a Cookie Mason Jar Gift Idea. Yellow cake mix would work just fine, too!
Chocolate Chips – I used semisweet chocolate chips, but you can use milk chocolate, if you prefer!
Single Hole Punch
Ribbons and Trims – I used ribbons and trims in the same colors as the tag to match, but you can use whatever you have available.
Red Crayon – The original “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie” book has a red crayon on the front, so I tied a red crayon we had onto the tag to adorn it, but you don’t have to!
Instructions to Make a How to Give a Teacher a Cookie Mason Jar Gift Idea
First, download the free printable tag and print in color. Scroll up and you’ll find the link to the file in the supplies section. Cut it out and hole punch it.
Next, you’ll begin preparing the cookie mix in the jar. Be sure to use one of the large 32 oz. jars or the ingredients will not all fit. Empty the white cake mix in a jar and compact it so it’s even.
After that, fill up the rest of the jar with chocolate chips. This should be about 1-2 cups, depending on the size of the mason jar you use.
Lastly, seal the jar with the lid, and tie on the tag. You can add a red crayon like the original book cover, but you don’t have to.
As you can see, the tag gives the teacher all the details on how to make the cookies. The only extra things that the recipient will need are two eggs and a 1/2 cup of butter! The resulting cookie is a moist and fluffy cake mix cookie that everyone loves!!
What kind of cake mix do I add?
I added the traditional white cake mix, but you could add yellow cake mix to make your chocolate chip cookies, instead! In fact, you could even add chocolate cake mix or Devil’s Food, but it wouldn’t look like the traditional chocolate chip cookie on the tag, though. Whatever you prefer is just fine!
More Cake Mix Recipes and Ideas
- These 3 Ingredient Reese’s Cake Mix Cookie Bars are delicious!
- 3 Ingredient Cake Mix Apple Spice Muffins are an unexpected and easy treat!
- Strawberry Lemonade Cake Mix Cookies are pretty and refreshing!
DIY Teacher Gift Ideas
- Need Teacher Appreciation gift ideas? Here is a list of 20 ideas you’re sure to love!
- I love giving Back to School gift ideas, don’t you? It’s a great way to start off the school year! Here is a list of Back to School Gift Ideas for Teachers, too!
- Free Printable If You Give a Teacher a Cookie Gift Tag
- Mason Jar
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1-2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ribbons and trim
- red crayon (optional)
- color printer
- hole punch
- Print tag and cut out. Hole punch tag.
- Place cake mix in the jar and compress with a spoon to make it even.
- Add 1-2 cups chocolate chips to fill up the jar, depending on the size of your jar.
- Place the lid on the jar and tie on the tag. Tie on a red crayon, if desired.
The recipient of the gift will need two eggs and a half cup of butter, which is on the tag printable. All baking instructions are on the tag for the recipient, as well.