Are there jobs for 14 and 15-year-olds that will hire? Yes! I have a nice list of the best jobs for 14 and 15-year-olds, you might want to check out. These companies will hire teens, and allow them to begin working and building the ethics of a strong work ethic.
If you have a teen that is 14 or 15 they might want to apply to work at one or more of these jobs listed below.
Parenting Tips and Tricks
Laws For Jobs For 14 and 15-Year-Olds
Now, since your teen is on the younger side, there are laws that the company has to abide by. Here is a list of laws that surround hiring a younger teen to work.
What Type of Laws Do Younger Teens Have to Follow
- No more than 3 hours A day of Work on Weekdays
- You can’t work over 18 hours per week (when school is in session)
- No more than 40 hours per week in summer months (when school is out)
- And more. Depending on your state, you might find you have slightly different laws.
Who Hires At 14 and 15
- AMC Theatre | Great for working as an usher or doing concessions. There are limited jobs available but, still a great starter job.
Baskin-Robbins | Almost all the Baskin-Robbins stores will hire out as young as 14. Consider applying!
- Boston Market | You have to be 15 years old, and they generally hire for a dishwashing position.
- Ben And Jerry’s | Another ice cream loving job idea for your teenager. This is for their scoop shops.
- Burger King | Most chains depending on the state will hire at a younger age.
- Bruster’s | Depending on your state will depend if they can hire at age 14 and 15.
- Culvers | This is a great option to get your start in fast food. Hiring at tons of locations starting at 14.
- Chick Fil A | Hiring at a younger age, is what Chick Fil A does, to help give kids a start. Great worth ethics, and a kind atmosphere.
- Dairy Queen | Another great ice cream shop that most states will hire at 14 and 15 years old. Whether it is working in the kitchen, cleaning tables and more.
- Giant Eagle | Bring in carts and more at Giant Eagle. Depending on the state will, of course, depend on their age requirement.
- Giant Foods | This is only available in select states, but they do hire younger at a young age.
- Kroger | Kroger, and affiliates can hire at a younger age range. Most jobs in this age range are sacking and carrying out groceries or stocking shelves.
- KFC | Another fast food joint that you can apply and see if you can help work at making food, serving customers and more.
- McDonald’s |McDonald’s is a great starter job for teens. You will find that they are flexible with hours, and even offer scholarships for college.
- Publix | Depending where you live you might find you have Publix stores near you. If you are in a state that approves younger age hiring you might get a job.
- Pizza Hut | Cleaning tables, doing dishes and more could be an option at Pizza Hut.
- Rita’s Italian Ice | Here is another good one that will hire out at 14 and 15 years old.
- Six Flags | Cleaning up around the amusement park, game operators, and more are the types of jobs you can expect to get. There are a handful of locations you can apply at.
- Taco Bell | Fast food chain that will take in younger teens to help build a good work ethic, teach and more.
- Winnie Dixie | This store will hire for baggers at the age of 14 years old.
Other Jobs For 14 And 15 Year Olds
- Babysitting | Many parents will hire around this age to watch their children. Look around in your area.
- Blogging | Sometimes bloggers might be looking for help working over social media, doing small tasks and more.
- Church Jobs | Maybe they are looking for a Sunday school helper, or need assistance in the nursery. Some churches pay for these jobs.
- Cleaning Houses | Offer to clean houses, and build up some clients for a part-time job.
- Dog Walkers | Consider creating a business to walk dogs in your area.
- LifeGuard | Some locations will allow younger teens to work at the pool as a lifeguard. With in-house training, they can qualify to help.
- Mowing Lawns | In the summer months, they can get a job mowing lawns in your town. Or even doing other yard work.
- Painting | Maybe someone needs a shed painted or help with some DIY projects around their home.
- Pet Sitter | Pet sitting can be something that they could offer on weekends and even during the week. To go and check in on pets while owners are away.
- Running Errands | Buy groceries at the store, pick up medicine for the elderly, do tasks that elders need help with. A great way to help others and make money.