Nature Name Art for Kids is a wonderful DIY activity that will keep your kids busy and let them enjoy the outdoors. A gift to a loved one, showcase as a home decor piece, and more. A fun nature name art recipe you have to try out soon.
As you can see it is very easy to make stand-out artwork with leaves and flower petals you come across outside. This is so affordable and simple to do, kids of all ages will have fun picking up items for their own custom artwork.
Why Type of Items To Use For Artwork
- Flower petals
- Pine needles
Type of Paper To Use For This Project
Construction paper is great, as you can pick out the color you want. It also has a stiffer texture than classic printer paper. You could also use scrapbook paper which is even sturdier than construction paper.
Where To Find Stuff For Artwork
Head outdoors and walk around your yard, or even go to the park. Or if you live in the country you might try around and see if you can find wildflowers growing by the sides of the road. If so, hop out and carefully pick some flowers.
The whole idea of this project is to just have fun outside with your child or children and create a masterpiece. It is really fun to watch your child use their imagination to find the perfect items to glue on their paper.
Expert Tips For Making Letter Artwork
- Use a pencil to trace the letters of the name, to use as a guide for making this artwork.
- Any solid color of paper works, I find bright and bold colors help the art stand out a bit more.
- Allow the glue to fully dry, or you will run the risk of it falling off when you hold it up.
- Add artwork to a frame to create more of a decor piece for the home.
- Different textures and colors will help to make this design look incredible.
Want More Fun DIY Crafts and Activities for Kids
- White or colored cardstock
- Glue (We used clear Elmer's Glue.)
- Leaves and flowers
- Write the name lightly in pencil.
- Trace the pencil marks with glue.
- Place the leaves and flower petals on the line of glue and let dry completely before hanging up.