Peppermint Hot Chocolate Bombs will get you in the Christmas spirit with one warm and minty sip. These hot chocolate bombs are bursting with sweet minty peppermint, and rich chocolate. A fun melt-able chocolate ball.
These hot chocolate Christmas bombs make a great holiday gift for teachers, co-workers, neighbors, or even a simple stocking stuffer.
Peppermint Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Christmas Themed
- Festive Colors
- Makes an inexpensive gift idea
- Simple to make
What You Need To Make Hot Chocolate Bombs
Silicone Mold – I recommend getting silicone molds. They work great at carefully removing the chocolate without running the risk of breaking as easily as a mold that is not flexible.
Brush – You can use a silicone brush or even a paint brush to paint the chocolate on the inside of the silicone molds. This is a great way to ensure you get a nice even coating.
Chocolate – I recommend using candy melts. That way you have a bright colored candy melt that will harden easily. Coloring white chocolate can cause it to seize out.
Peppermint Candies – You can use crushed candies or candy cane for topping. It will also add a nice minty flavor to your hot chocolate.
Hot Chocolate Mix – Feel free to buy and use any flavor or brand of hot chocolate you would like. Go ultra rich or even a white chocolate hot chocolate.
Marshmallows – Use mini marshmallows or dehydrated marshmallows. Either will work great.
Variations To Christmas Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Decorate with festive sprinkles. Just make sure they will melt easily so they are not a choking hazard for little kids.
- Use any color of melting chocolate! Green, turquoise, or other colors could be fun.
- Change up the flavor of hot chocolate you use.
- Drizzle on different colors of chocolate to alter the look of the bombs.
Gift These For The Holidays
Place in a single cellaphane bag, wrap with ribbon! Then place in a coffee mug, pair with a spoon and you have a super easy Christmas drink to gift loved ones.
Storing Hot Chocolate Bombs
You can store your hot chocolate bombs in an airtight container on the counter. They will store for a few weeks on the counter. Just make sure they are covered in a container or sealed in a bag.
You can also freeze the balls but just make sure that you allow them to fully thaw before you pour milk over them, or they will not melt properly from frozen.
How to Use Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Heat up some milk in the microwave or the stovetop.
- Add a hot chocolate bomb into a large coffee mug.
- Slowly pour the milk over the top of the chocolate bomb. It will slowly melt.
- Give a stir and sip and enjoy.
- Red Candy Melts
- Bright White Candy Melts
- Mini Marshmallows
- Peppermint Candies
- Hot Chocolate Powder Mix
- Melt the red candy melts and with a paintbrush, brush into silicon hot chocolate bomb mold. Freeze for two minutes.
- Brush on another layer of melted red candy melts and freeze for two minutes. Gently pop out of pan. Spoon hot chocolate powder into the bottom half of the hot chocolate bomb.
- Add crushed peppermints and mini marshmallows on top.
- Heat a microwave safe plate in the microwave for two minutes or until very warm.
- Take the top of the hot chocolate bomb and place it on the plate until the edge is melted.
- Press the top of the hot chocolate bomb onto the bottom of the hot chocolate bomb.
- If needed, melt more red candy melts and paint on the outside to glue it together.
- Drizzle melted white candy melts on top. Add crushed peppermint for decoration, if desired.
- To serve, pour one cup of very hot milk slowly over the hot chocolate bomb. Stir to create your hot chocolate!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 41Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 36mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 0g