Christmas popcorn cake is a fun and creative holiday popcorn dessert. A no-bake Christmas popcorn ball that gets a makeover into a Bundt cake. A holiday treat that doesn’t require any oven time.
If you enjoy Rice Krispie treats you will love this recipe. Popcorn, marshmallows, m&ms, and peanuts joint together for a sweet and salty dessert.
Christmas Popcorn Cake
This popcorn cake is great for parties, afternoon snacks, or to surprise your kids after dinner. My whole family loves this treat. It is something a bit different, tasty, and pretty addictive to nibble on.
What Do You Need To Make
You might have all the items on hand! This is such a simple dessert that is so easy to whip up.
What If I Don’t Have A Bundt Pan
Just prep in a larger cake pan to shape. I loved the look of the Bundt pan as it gave it a creative look. Then you could slice and serve wedges easily.
Variations to Recipe
- Add in other colored m&ms to fit the holiday theme.
- Add in some small pretzels for more sweet and salty.
- Toss in some sprinkles for a more festive look.
- Mix in mini chocolate chips.
Honestly, you can dress up your popcorn cake however you would like. Or do simple and sweet just as we did here. I did take some chocolate and melted it to drizzle over the top. It added the perfect amount of color and of course a bit more sweetness.
Best Popcorn To Use
You can buy bagged plain popcorn to use for this that you pop in the microwave. Or if you have a popcorn maker that is a more affordable option! You will find you have tons of options in terms of how to pop your popcorn.
Just don’t reach for a bag that is heavily buttered or anything like that, or it will alter the flavor of this cake.
How Do You Eat Popcorn Cake
Slice with a nice and serve up. You can use your fingers or if you don’t want to get a bit messy then use a fork. It is a bit sticky like a Rice Krispies treat. But, it is so worth the chewy texture and sweetness as it has just a hint of sweetness in every single bite.
Can I Make This Dessert In Advance
You are more than welcome to make this cake recipe up to a day in advance. Now, you don’t want to make it too far in advance as it can get a bit softer in texture.
Looking for More Christmas Recipe Ideas
- Christmas Texas Sheet Cake
- Easy Cake Mix Christmas Cookie Bars
- Easy Christmas Oreos
- White Chocolate Chex Bars
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2- 10-ounce bags miniature marshmallows
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups red and green M&M candies
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- Red and Green Candy Melts (optional)
- Sprinkles (optional)
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, heat butter, marshmallows, and vanilla in 30-second increments until melted and able to be stirred.
- Add popcorn to the large mixing bowl and stir to combine. Then stir in the
M&M's and peanuts until they are evenly distributed.
- Grease your hands and firmly press the mixture into a well-greased bundt pan. Allow to stand for 10 minutes; then loosen and turn out onto platter or cake plate.
- Carefully cut slices using a bread knife. If desired, decorate with Christmas sprinkles or drizzled chocolate.