Whip up and serve this Christmas Texas sheet cake for your dessert this week! This is an easy sheet cake that is perfect for serving up a crowd. This Christmas cake is one you will want to save and make over and over again.
If you want a fun dessert to serve up a crowd, take to a bake sale, or just have for a dessert for your family, this recipe is a great option. A homemade chocolate sheet cake topped with the classic chocolate frosting and sprinkles!
Christmas Texas Sheet Cake
How to Make
Mix up Cake | Start by mixing up your cake in a large bowl. Add in your ingredients as directed in the printable recipe card below. Once well-mixed pour into your greased sheet pan.
Bake | Place your sheet cake in the oven and bake until the cake is fully cooked. Use a toothpick to stick in and ensure no wet cake batter comes out.
Frosting | As your cake cools, work on making your homemade frosting. Get it all mixed up and then spread over your cake and top with some festive Christmas sprinkles.
- Make sure your pan is greased well to prevent sticking of the cake.
- I recommend making homemade frosting to top, to really give this cake incredible flavor.
- Feel free to add any type of sprinkles you want.
- You can make this a day in advance of when you plan to serve it. Don’t do much longer to prevent the cake from drying out.
- You can store your cake at room temperature if you would like.
Can You Freeze Leftover Cake
If you have some cake you don’t eat right away, go right ahead and freeze. Just place in the proper container and freeze for up to three months. Then thaw on the counter for a quick thaw if you would like.
I have stored the cake in the freezer and it was so good leftover. It thaws great. You can also place your cake in the fridge if you like eating chilled cake.
More Christmas Desserts
- 15 Old Fashioned Christmas Desserts
- Christmas Oreo Truffles
- Christmas Sugar Cookies
- Peppermint Cheesecake Dip
How Many Can This Texas Christmas Sheet Cake Serve
It all depends on how big or small you cut your pieces. You could easily make 24 slices of this cake to serve up a crowd. Or if you want to make even smaller pieces go right ahead.
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup of water
- 4 tbs cocoa
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick butter
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Christmas sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, grease a large cookie sheet with sides.
- In a saucepan, mix butter, water, and cocoa bring to a boil. Pour
into a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix sugar, flour, and salt.
- Gradually add dry mixture to chocolate, mix well. Blending between additions, add 3 eggs, sour cream, and baking soda.
- Pour into a well-greased cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Make frosting approximately 15 minutes before the cake is done. The cake should be frosted as soon as it is removed from the oven.
- Melt butter in the saucepan. Add cocoa and milk, heat just until the mixture starts to bubble. Remove from heat.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar, and then vanilla. When completely blended, spread on cake 10 minutes after it is removed from the oven.
- Sprinkle with Christmas sprinkles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 205mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 1gSugar: 35gProtein: 3g