Here is an easy Christmas Oreo dessert you can whip up and serve for any occasion this holiday season. Bake-sales, family gatherings, weeknight treat, or even a snack for after school. This is a simple no-bake dipped Oreo recipe that has a fun Christmas tree design.
Easy Christmas Oreos
If you love dipped Oreos, consider making these. You can use milk chocolate or white chocolate. I went with a chocolate almond bark this go around. Then pipe on a fun Christmas tree out of colored chocolate.
What You Need To Make These Dipped Oreos
Oreos | I used a classic Oreo but feel free to use Double stuffed, holiday flavored Oreos, or even a golden Oreo or mint Oreo.
Chocolate | Almond bark is great because it hardens up nicely. Or use melting wafers as well. You can use colored chocolate, milk chocolate, or even white.
Sprinkles | Then reach for holiday star Christmas sprinkles to add to the star of your tree.
How to Make
Start by melting your chocolate, and then dip each Oreo in the chocolate. If you use chocolate chips add a little bit of shortening into the chips when you melt to help them set up. I would do a teaspoon of shortening to mix in your chocolate chips.
Shake off any excess chocolate you may have, then place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Then once the chocolate set up, drizzle on a Christmas tree made with green chocolate, a candy star, and red sprinkle on the bottom. These are so simple to make, and one of my favorite no-bake Christmas treats.
Storing Dipped Oreos
Store your dipped Christmas Oreos in an airtight container or sealable bag. They will last for around a week when stored properly. This is a great make-ahead dessert for the Christmas celebrations.
- If you don’t want to melt chocolate in the microwave you can use a double boiler.
- You can use chocolate chips, and pair with shortening, so it sets up and hardens like almond bark or candy melts.
- You can use white chocolate, dark chocolate, etc. Feel free to dip in whatever chocolate you would prefer.
- Decorate your Oreos with any design you want. Snowflakes, write fun holiday messages, etc.
Can You Freeze Christmas Oreos
This Oreos dessert can be frozen if you don’t want to eat them all right away. Simply place your set up brownies in an airtight container or freezer bag.
The dipped cookies will freeze for around 3 months. Then just thaw on the counter for a few hours to allow them to soften up.
Craving More Oreo Desserts
- Melting Chocolate or Chocolate Almond Bark
- Red Candy Melts
- Green Candy Melts
- Melt chocolate in a microwave-safe container at 20-second intervals until completely melted.
- Dip cookies and let sit until completely hardened. Melt red and green candy melts and draw a scribble Christmas tree on half of the cookies.
- Add a star sprinkle at the top of the tree. On the other half of the cookies, draw holly leaves and holly berries like in the photo.