Oreo Icebox Cake is the ultimate summer dessert. This icebox cake recipe is crazy simple, and full of cookies and cream flavor in every decadent bite.
Whether you are looking for a fun birthday cake, summer cookout dessert, or weeknight dessert. I got you covered with this stunning Oreo cake that is layers upon layers of sweetness.
Oreo Icebox Cake
If you are not wanting to turn on the oven, but still want a delicious dessert, this recipe is a must. Simple ingredients that you might already have on hand in your pantry and your fridge. This cake is one I always put in my meal plan rotation for a dessert through the months.
Why Is It Called An Icebox Cake
During World War 1 you will find that buying some items was very hard to come by. Foods like sugar and such were something that was not easily accessible. So you would see many trying to make recipes with what they had on hand.
Wafers, pudding, fruit, etc. So instead of a traditional cake, you would see families serving up icebox cakes instead. They have been around for so long and still are a highly popular dessert.
What Are The Best Oreos To Use
I reached for Oreo thins for this recipe. I find they are thin enough to be the perfect combination of Oreo and cheesecake flavored filling. You are welcome to change up and reach for a mint oreo, Golden, or any other thin and crispy Oreo you prefer.
You could use a traditional Oreo but I personally enjoy the thinner Oreos. They slice up nicely and are not too heavy.
Variations To This Refrigerator Cake
- Swap out Oreos for a different flavor of stuffed sandwich cookies.
- Add whipped cream on top.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream.
- Drizzle hot fudge or caramel on top.
- Top with fun colored sprinkles.
How To Make Oreo Refrigerator Cake
- Start by whipping up the refrigerator cake filling.
- Now layout your first layer of Oreos on a plate.
- Add some of your fillings onto each Oreo, and begin creating layers.
- The full recipes are in the printable recipe card below.
Oreo Icebox Cake Recipe - Easy Summer Dessert
Oreo Icebox Cake is an easy no-bake summer dessert. This refrigerator cake is layers of Oreos and creamy filling.
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese - softened (almost melted)
- 4 (10.1-ounce) packages Oreo Thin
- In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and mix well to combine.
- In a small bowl, stir the softened cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add the softened cream cheese to the whipped cream and mix until well combined.
- On a cake plate, arrange 12 cookies in a layer with 9 in the outer circle and 3 in the middle. Once arranged, lift each cookie and add a bit of whipped cream to the bottom and then stick it back to the plate.
- Repeat until all the bottom cookies have been secured.
- Top with 1/2 to 3/4 cup of the whipped cream spread nearly to the edges, allowing the edges of the cookies to be exposed.
- Add another layer of cookies on top of the whipped cream being sure to stagger the cookies on top of the ones below so they’re not
stacked directly on top of each other.
- Alternate layering the cookies and filing until all the cookies have been used.
- Chill in the refrigerator this Oreo icebox cake for at least 4 hours. Slice and serve as you would with cake. Keep chilled.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 361Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 38mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g