Have you heard of the Oreo Mug Cake? It is a TikTok sensation right now, taking the world by storm. First, it was Dalgona whipped coffee, and now this! A rich and decadent mug cake that takes minutes to make! Milk and Oreo’s are all that this cake needs.. it is magic!
Oreo Mug Cake
When I first heard of a 2 ingredient mug cake, I had my doubts. But I headed to the kitchen and to my surprise it worked! I love Oreo’s so of course, it was an incredible treat to nibble on as I worked!
Why This Recipe Works
- So simple to make
- 2 ingredients so makes it fun for kids to help and do an experiment
- Quick prep for those cravings you want cake but not a whole cake
- Great for anyone who loves Oreos
Can I Use Any Flavor Of Oreos
We have only tried this with just plain Oreos but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work with say a Golden Oreo or another variety. The key would be to make sure it is not a fudge coated Oreo. I am not sure if Oreo thins would work or not.
But feel free to experiment and let me know how it works for you!
What Is A Mug Cake
Essentially, a mug cake is a mixture you whip up in a coffee mug, and then toss in the microwave and it cooks it up! They may not look as pretty as a classic cake but you have a single-serve cake in minutes!
Trust me they are worth trying if you just have a craving for sweets!
Why Do You Let The Mixture Sit For 5 Minutes
You have to allow the cookies to soak up the milk mixture. If you skip this part you will find it won’t turn into a cake-like texture. The milk is the key component.
As it sits it will soften up the cookies and really soak in, allowing you to make a cake out of Oreos! It is pretty magical.
Tips and FAQs
- I always recommend placing a plate under your cup, in case it overflows. You prevent a big mess in your microwave.
- Make sure to let the milk soak for the 5 minutes then mix it up really well.
- Use a microwave-safe mug.. or it will be very hot to touch.
- Make a double batch in a large mug and share it!
- 4 Oreos
- ¼ cup milk
- Place Oreos in a microwave-safe mug.
- Pour milk on top and let sit for 5 minutes so the Oreos absorb the milk.
- Crush the Oreos and milk together with a fork until they’re as well-mixed as possible.
- Microwave 1 to 1½ minutes until set. Let stand for a minute before serving.
Tip: Make a double batch for a large mug and split it with someone!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 245Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 212mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 3g