Pumpkin Biscuits with Honey Butter are one of my favorite biscuits for the fall and winter months. 5 ingredients is all it takes to make this sweet pumpkin spice biscuit. A great snack, or breakfast option for kids and adults.
Stop what you are doing and make these biscuits if you are one that enjoys pumpkin spice season! I have been drooling over these biscuits all morning, and let me just tell you.. I can’t eat just one.
Why You Need To Make Pumpkin Biscuits
- Pumpkin Spice – If you enjoy pumpkin spice recipes, here is one you got to try. Biscuit lovers and pumpkin lovers will do back flips over these fluffy biscuits.
- Homemade – If you want a simple homemade biscuit try out this recipe. It is simple, and full of tender and fluffy texture.
- Breakfast or Dessert – This is a great breakfast biscuit or dessert. Feel free to make these anytime of the year or time of day.
- Freezer friendly – Make up a double or triple batch and freeze any biscuits you don’t plan to eat right away. It is a freezer friendly biscuit recipe.
Ingredients Needed For Pumpkin Biscuits
- Pumpkin Puree
- Pumpkin Spice Seasoning
Honey Butter Ingredients
Is Bisquick Just Like Flour?
Bisquick is not like an all purpose flour exactly. It is a flour base but other ingredients go into it, for a different type of baking mix. If you want learn how to make Bisquick at home with a few ingredients.
Is Pumpkin Puree and Pumpkin Pie Filling The Same?
Pumpkin puree is simply pumpkin that is pureed. Pumpkin pie filling has other ingredients in to make a pie. You will find that they are not the same and can’t be used to swap out each other in the recipe.
How to Make Pumpkin Biscuits
Full directions for these biscuits are in the printable recipe card below. This is a quick walk-through on how to make biscuits.
Start by mixing up all the ingredients to form a biscuit dough.
Place dough on a floured surface, and knead as directed in the recipe card below. Roll out, and then use 2 inch cookie cutter, to make the biscuits.
Place on a baking sheet that is prepped, and bake as directed. Once done, serve warm with a slather of honey butter.
How to Make Honey Butter
Start with softened butter, and mix up till creamy. Add in the honey and mix until the two ingredients are fully blended. Then use for biscuits, rolls, toast, or any other recipe.
I recommend using real butter not margarine. Margarine has oil and it will give it a liquidy texture, but butter is going to cream nicely and hold texture better.
You can store any biscuits you don’t eat right away in an airtight container or bag. Just make sure to let the biscuits fully cool. Store for 2-3 days on the counter at room temperature.
Or you can freeze the biscuits for up to 3 months. Defrost in the microwave or on the counter. If you reheat, you can warm in the microwave. Or if you want, wrap tight in foil and heat up in the oven, for a fluffy and warmed texture.
Does This Recipe Double Well
Go right ahead and make a double or even triple batch of biscuits. Just make sure that you are not working the dough too hard or you can create heavy biscuits. Mix well, but don’t overwork the biscuit dough.
Leave space between biscuits on the baking sheet. If need be batch cook.
- Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Dalgona Whipped Pumpkin Spice Coffee
- Pumpkin Frappuccino Hack
- Healthy Pumpkin Spice Items
Pumpkin Biscuits with Honey Butter
Pumpkin Biscuits with Honey Butter are a delicious pumpkin spice flavor in each bite. Then you will add honey butter on top for even more sweetness.
- 2 cups Bisquick mix
- ⅔ c. canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp butter, room temperature
- (Double depending on how much you need.)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix all ingredients until a soft dough forms,
- Sprinkle about 4 tbsp Bisquick onto a flat surface and turn dough out of bowl.
- Gently roll dough in flour/baking mix and knead 10 times. Press out about ½ inch thick. Cut with a 2 inch cutter or a small glass dipped in baking mix so the dough doesn't stick.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper, place biscuits on it, and bake until light and golden brown on the edges of the bottom of the biscuits, 7 - 9 minutes.
- Beat honey and butter together with a whisk and spread on biscuits.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 578mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 13gProtein: 4g