Pumpkin roll cupcakes are the perfect cupcake for fall. This pumpkin roll cupcake recipe is so easy to make. Great for parties, potlucks, and even more. We make these pumpkin cupcakes all the time during the fall months.
This pumpkin roll cupcake recipe is going to rock your world. A tender and moist pumpkin muffin, stuffed with a surprise and topped with an incredibly flavorful frosting.
Pumpkin Roll Cupcakes
Change up your pumpkin recipes this year, with this cupcake recipe. I will walk you through how to make these cupcakes. If you have some older kids they might enjoy helping you make these tasty cupcakes.
Looking for more Pumpkin Recipes
- Easy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies | These cookies are soft, tender, and bursting with chocolate chips in every bite. Whip these up for a mid-day treat.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Parfaits | A no-bake dessert that is velvety smooth and tangy and sweet. These are great for parties, holiday events and of course a midnight snack.
- Cinnamon Streusel Pumpkin Coffee Cake | This is a fantastic recipe to make. The streusel topping is going to add so much flavor and texture to the pumpkin coffee cake.
Do You Use Canned Pureed Pumpkin for Pumpkin Roll Cupcakes
Yes, you will use pureed pumpkin for your cupcakes and the frosting. You want to ensure it is pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix, as that is not the same thing. This puree pumpkin is just pumpkin and pumpkin pie mix has other ingredients in it.
What Is The Frosting On Pumpkin Roll Cupcakes
For the frosting, you will want to make this pumpkin spice frosting. You will use butter, pumpkin puree, powdered sugar, and pumpkin spice. You will whip it up until it is nice and creamy and then put in a piping bag for frosting. If you are not good at piping you can use a cookie scoop to top the muffins with a dollop of frosting or smother it on.
How To Store Pumpkin Roll Cupcakes
Because of the cream cheese on these cupcakes will need to be stored in the refrigerator. Just keep them in an airtight container and store in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 TBSP pumpkin spice
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 15 oz can canned pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour the muffin tin or line with paper cups. For the cupcakes, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Beat the sugar with the vegetable oil and add eggs one at a time, slowly, until well combined. Add vanilla and canned pumpkin and beat together.
- Combine mixture with the dry ingredients, stirring just until combined.
- Fill muffin tins ¾ full and bake for 17-20 minutes, or until the center of the cupcake springs back when gently pressed. Let cool and remove from muffin tin.
- For the filling, beat together softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until well combined. Spoon into a piping bag with a medium-size tip.
- Insert the tip into each well-cooled cupcake and fill with approx. one tablespoon of filling.
- For the frosting, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla and beat. Add pumpkin pie spice and mix.
- Add pumpkin puree and mix. Insert into frosting bag and pipe onto cupcakes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 352Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 224mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 1gSugar: 36gProtein: 3g
Can You Freeze These Pumpkin Cupcakes
Yes, you can freeze these cupcakes. Just allow them to fully cool and then store in an airtight container and store in the freezer. You can store your muffins for up to three months.
Thaw in the fridge the night before or at least a few hours before you plan to enjoy them.
Do I Have to Frost These Cupcakes
No, you are welcome to leave the frosting off if you are not a fan of frosting. You could add a dusting of powdered sugar or enjoy them plain. Either way, these muffins are light, fluffy and incredibly sweet.
If you are a pumpkin fan these cupcakes might be a perfect fit. I think you will really enjoy all the flavors working together to bring you a pumpkin spice cupcake that stands out from the rest.