So you found a great deal on nail polish and you have ended up with more than you will ever need for your nails. Or you have some colors that you don’t really like but don’t want to just throw out the bottle. Well there are uses for nail polish that do not involve your finger or toe nails.
Here are some Random uses for Nail Polish:
1) Keep Shoe Laces from Unraveling – Dip the ends of your shoe lace into nail polish and let dry to keep them from unraveling after the ends have broken off. Will also work for small pieces of rope.
2) Stop a Run in your Stocking – If you have a run in your hose, dab some nail polish at the end to keep it from running any further.
3) Mend a Hole in a Screen – If you notice a small hole in your screen, dab on some clear nail polish to stop bugs from getting in.
4) Mark your Keys – Use different color polish and paint the top of your keys to tell them apart.
5) Seal an Envelope – You can use clear nail polish to seal an envelope. Not even a little steam will get that one open.
6) Help Threading a Needle – Dip the end of your thread in some nail polish and let harden. So much easier to get it through the eye of the needle!
7) Tighten a Loose Screw – If you have a loose screw, coat it with some clear nail polish and let dry. Will tighten it right up.
8) Rust-proof Metal Cans – If you have a metal can that you keep in the shower, you can coat the bottom with clear nail polish to keep it from rusting and getting that rust all over the shower or tub. Shaving cream cans generally have this issue.
9) Make Waterproof Matches – Put clear nail polish on the tips of matches to protect them from water. Perfect for camping trips!
10) Prevent Jewelry from Tarnishing – We love costume jewelry but hate it when they start to turn green and leave marks on our skin. Coat your costume jewelry with a clear nail polish to prevent this from happening. If it is a large piece of jewelry, just apply to the part that will touch your skin.