4 ingredients are all it takes to make these delicious Valentine Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookie Bars. Red velvet bars are a simple but delicious holiday dessert for you to try.
Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookie Bars
If you are looking for a cake mix dessert, this red velvet recipe is a delicious dessert to try. Valentine M&M’s are so color, and make the perfect amount of color to your cake mix cookie bars.
Can I Use A Different Cake Mix Flavor
If you don’t have or don’t want to use a red velvet cake mix, go ahead and reach for any flavor of cake you would like. A chocolate cake, vanilla, or even a yellow cake could be a great option.
The biggest thing is just knowing that depending on what cake mix you buy, it will vary in color. But the candy M&M’s will provide a fun pop of color.
How to Make This Cake Mix Cookie Bar Recipe
Start by greasing your pan and preheating the oven as directed in the recipe card below.
Mix up the cookie mix batter. You can use a stand mixer or whisk and bowl. Once your batter is well mixed, fold in your M&M’s! Now, if you don’t have your M&M’s you can use white chocolate chips or something else. It will add a pop of color to the cookie bars.
Spoon into pan. Then spread it out to make it as even as you can. Bake until red velvet bars are fully cooked. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before slicing!
Storing And Freezing Cookie Bars
These bars need to be stored at room temperature in an airtight container. Once your bars are cooled you can also put them in an airtight bag.
In terms of storage they will last for around 5 days or so, and then begin to dry out pretty good.
For freezing just slice up your cookie bars and then store them in a proper container. The bars will freeze for around 3 months. When you want one or so, just pull it from the freezer and let it thaw on the counter.
Tips For Making Cookie Bars
- Don’t overmix the batter.
- If you want use a homemade cookie mix.
- Add a few M&M’s on top of the bars so you will see the colors pop through after baked.
- Press down the cookie batter and spread it evenly.
- You can make these cookie bars a day in advance if you want.
- Spread on some cream cheese icing for added sweetness.
Even More Valentine’s Day Ideas
- Unicorn Valentine’s Day Box
- 25 Classroom Valentine’s Day Ideas
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Boxes
- 15 Red Velvet Valentine’s Day Desserts
- Sparkling Valentine’s Day Drink
- 1 red velvet cake mix
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of Valentine M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x13 baking pan. In a medium mixing bowl, mix cake mix, butter, and eggs together.
- Add M&Ms and mix. Fold the candies into the batter, so they don't break up.
- Press into the baking pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until set in the middle.
- Let cool 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 281Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 120mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g