Here are some delicious and fun Patriotic Star-shaped Rice Krispie treat pops! A fun and easy no-bake 4th of July dessert for you to try out this holiday! These are a fun and easy dessert that is great for celebrating the fourth of July with kids.
Rice Krispie Treat Pops
Homemade Rice Krispy Treats that are drizzled with colored candy melts, and stuck on sticks. A creative way to make a festive patriotic Rice Krispy Treat.
What Supplies Do I Need For This Recipe
- Paper Straws – I used red and blue ones.
- Piping bag or cut tip off the sandwich bag to drizzle chocolate
- Mixing Bowl
- Star Cookie Cutter
How to Pat Down Rice Krispies Without Sticking To Spoon
Use a rubber spatula to press the rice Krispies into the greased pan. Or spritz your hand with cooking spray and then gently press down the cereal mixture into the pan.
Make sure when you are doing these treats you don’t pack too hard or it will create a really dense and hard treat. You want it to be soft but hold shape so you can cookie cut it!
Can You Add Food Coloring To Chocolate
Unfortunately adding food coloring to white chocolate will cause it to seize up. So buying colored candy melts is the way to go for this treat. Or skip the colored chocolate and do a drizzle of white chocolate if you prefer.
Variations To Recipe
- Use flavored Rice Krispies – Fruity pebbles, cocoa, etc.
- Skip coloring the cereal if you want.
- You don’t have to put the treats on the sticks but they are fun. Just cookie-cut and serve.
- Feel free to have fun and use any shape you want. Or slice into rectangles and skip star shape if you don’t own cookie cutters.
- Instead of sprinkles add in some pop rocks for a popping fun effect when you eat.
Store your tasty star treats in an airtight container on the counter. Or if you find your home is warm you can store in the fridge to prevent the drizzled chocolate from melting.
You can freeze any treats you don’t eat right away. Just store for up to 3-4 months in the freezer. Then thaw when you are ready to enjoy.
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 10 oz. marshmallows
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies Cereal
- Blue Gel Food Coloring
- Red Candy MeltsWhite Candy Melts
- Patriotic Sprinkles
- Red Striped Paper Straws
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt butter for 45 seconds or until completely melted. Add marshmallows and stir until coated with butter.
- Microwave for 30 seconds and stir marshmallows. Add gel food coloring and mix
until you have the desired color.
- Add Rice Krispies and stir until combined. Place a piece of wax paper onto a cookie sheet and spray it with cooking spray.
- Turn Krispie mixture onto the wax paper and press down tightly with a spatula coated with cooking spray. Let it cool and cut into stars. Insert paper straw into the Krispie star and place on wax paper.
- Melt white candy melts in a disposable pastry bag according to the package.
- Drizzle onto stars. Melt red candy melts in a disposable pastry bag according to the package. Drizzle onto stars. Quickly sprinkle with patriotic sprinkles
before the drizzle coating hardens.
- Refrigerate for an hour or until everything hardens completely.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 119Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 86mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 0gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g