Here’s a great Fourth of July Cake Pops Recipe you can try this year. I love that you can make Cake Pops in just about any flavor, shape or size. This year I decided I didn’t want anything too crazy cause I’m kinda plain jane like that so I opted for White Cake Mix dyed Red and White Buttercream Frosting. The Paper Straws are a nice Twist that help give you the Fourth of July Feeling without too much effort.
The First step is to Bake a Basic White Cake Mix with A LOT of Red Food Coloring Mixed in. I just followed the directions on the box of the cake mix and added the food coloring. You want the color to be a bright red because you will be mixing it with icing after it’s baked.
Once you have baked your cake and allowed it to cool, Crumble it up into tiny pieces with a fork and Add about 1/2 – 2/3rds a Can of White Butter Cream Icing. You can also use Cream Cheese Icing for a little different taste.
Roll the Mixture into Balls and Freeze on a Baking Pan. You can also insert the Paper Straws if you want pops before freezing.
Once your Cake Pops are Complete they are ready to dip in chocolate and decorate!
- 1 Box White Cake Mix + Ingredients for Recipe on Box
- 1 Bottle of Red Food Coloring
- 1 Can of White Frosting or Cream Cheese Frosting
- White Candy Melts
- Blue Sprinkles
- Make the Cake Mix according to the recipe on the box
- Add in Red Food Coloring and pour into baking sheet
- Bake Cake according to the recipe on the box
- Crumble your Cake Mix into small pieces
- Add in 1/2 a Can of Frosting to crumbled cake and stir
- Form Cake Mixture into Balls, Insert Paper Straws & Freeze
- Melt Candy Melts 30 seconds at a time in microwave, stir in between each interval
- Dip Cake Pops in White Candy Melts and Sprinkle with Sprinkles before setting aside to dry.
Last Updated on