This Soft Pretzel Apple Pie Recipe is just about to become your go-to dessert recipe for every party you host!
Pies are pretty much what makes me love so much the holidays. I just can’t pick only one favorite flavor. Pumpkin pies, apple pies, chocolate pie bars, all of them are just as delicious. However, there’s a thing that in my opinion makes or breaks a good pie, and that’s the pie crust.
The pie crust is the single most important thing if you want to have a really delicious pie (the one that you pass to your kids and grandkids, and the one that leaves everyone asking for the recipe), and I really believe that most often than not we don’t give the crust the proper attention it deserves.
So I decided to take the matter in my own hands and got cooking. In this soft pretzel apple pie recipe all the spotlight is in, you guessed it, the crust! The crust tastes just like the pretzels you find at the mall. It’s soft and plushy, it’s buttery, it’s slightly sugary, and it’s sprinkled with just a hint of cinnamon.
Actually, the crust is so delicious that you can cut it into strips and bake it without filling and use as dipping sticks, that’s how good it is!
However, when you fill it with apple slices and spices and sugar, the result is mind blowing good! Seriously friends, this soft pretzel apple pie is the single most delicious pie I’ve ever had. The process of making it is not difficult at all, and the result is so mouthwateringly good that you’ll find yourself making it again and again. Needless to say, this is the best dessert for the season.
This Soft Pretzel Apple Pie is just about to become your go-to dessert recipe for every party you host! It’s easy and OMG so delicious.
For the crust:
- 1 Stick cold butter
- 2 Cups flour
- 2 Tbsps sugar
- 3 Tbsps cold milk
- ½ Tbsp cinnamon
For the filling:
- 2 Apples, sliced
- 3 Tbsps melted butter
- 2 Tbsps cinnamon
- 1 Tsp allspice
- 1 Tsp nutmeg
- 4 Tbsps sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray with non-stick cooking spray a pie mold and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor incorporate the crust ingredients. Pulse until the ingredients come together and form a thick dough.
- Press the dough in the mold and take to the oven. Make sure to cover every edge.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a bowl mix the melted butter, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and sugar.
- Brush the crust with the melted butter and place the apple slices.
- Top with the remaining mix, and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, serve and enjoy.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! Your friends and family will be begging you for this Holiday Dessert Recipe to make for their friends and families!
Also, be sure to check out even more Dessert Recipes for Thanksgiving and Christmas!
Make sure you check out our Saving Money Blog and also our How to Coupon Page for more tips, tricks and videos on saving money and using coupons.
Make sure you Follow Me on Pinterest!
Last Updated on