This Soft Pretzel Apple Pie is just about to become your go-to dessert recipe for every party you host! It’s easy and delicious.
Pies are pretty much what makes me love the holidays so much. I just can’t pick only one favorite flavor. Pumpkin pies, apple pies, chocolate pie bars, all of them are delicious. However, the pie crust can make or break a good pie!
The pie crust is the single most important thing if you want to have a delicious pie (the one that you pass to your kids and grandkids, and the one that leaves everyone asking for the recipe). I believe that most often than not, we don’t give the crust the proper attention it deserves.
So I decided to take the matter in my own hands and get cooking. In this soft pretzel apple pie recipe all the spotlight is in, you guessed it, the crust! The crust tastes just like the pretzels you find at the mall. It’s soft, buttery, slightly sugary, and sprinkled with just a hint of cinnamon.
The crust is so delicious that you can cut it into strips and bake it without filling to use as dipping sticks! That’s how good it is!
However, when you fill it with apple slices, spices, and sugar, the result is amazing! Seriously, friends, this soft pretzel apple pie is the single most delicious pie I’ve ever had. The process of making it is not difficult at all, and the result is so mouthwateringly good that you’ll find yourself making it again and again. Needless to say, this is the best dessert for the fall season.
For the Crust:
- 1 Stick cold butter
- 2 Cups flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp cold milk
- ½ Tbsp cinnamon
For the Filling:
- 2 Apples, sliced
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a pie pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor incorporate the crust ingredients. Pulse until the ingredients come together and form a thick dough.
- Press the dough in the Pie pan and take to the oven. Cover the edges with foil so they don't burn.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and set aside (removing foil).
- In a bowl mix the melted butter, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and sugar.
- Brush the crust with the melted butter and place the apple slices in the baked pie crust.
- Top apples with the remaining mix, and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, serve and enjoy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 324Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 130mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 3gSugar: 14gProtein: 4g
Also, be sure to check out even more Dessert Recipes for Thanksgiving and Christmas!