This Spicy Garlic Chex Party Mix has incredible flavor and does pack a punch! With four spices, this truly is the most flavorful party mix I have ever tried! Now, my family loves a good party mix and this one is their new favorite Chex party mix ever. It tastes a bit like the Bold Chex Mix you can buy at the store, but there’s a bit of spice and garlic flavors, so it’s SO much better!! It’s so easy to make, too!
How to Make Spicy Garlic Chex Party Mix
It’s really quite easy to make this party snack, as you only need a handful of common ingredients. I’ll show you the step by step instructions (with photos!) below, or you can skip down to the recipe card.
Ingredients for Spicy Garlic Chex Mix
- Chex cereal – You can use any variety. I chose to use half Wheat Chex and half Corn Chex.
- Small Pretzels
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Butter, Melted – I used salted butter, but unsalted would work just fine, too!
- Parsley – Usually I prefer to use fresh parsley, but in this case, dried parsley works better!
- Seasoned Salt – I like the Lawry’s brand.
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne Pepper – I used a teaspoon of this, however you can use a bit less if your kids don’t like a lot of spice.
The first step to make Spicy Garlic Chex Party Mix is to preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside. (I recently began using unbleached parchment paper and I really prefer that now, by the way!) In a large mixing bowl, combine Chex cereal and pretzels. Set aside.
In a small ingredient bowl, combine all spices with melted butter and Worcestershire sauce. Stir the butter and spice mixture very well, and drizzle it over the Chex mixture. Then, stir everything together with a spatula.
Spoon the Spicy Garlic Chex Mix onto a baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Stir in an airtight container for up to a week. (Although it usually doesn’t last that long in my house! Ha ha!)
I can’t wait for you to try this recipe. Let me know what you think when you do!!
What kind of Chex cereal to use in Chex Mix?
I used Corn Chex and Wheat Chex in savory Chex Mix. If I were going to be making puppy chow (or muddy buddies, depending on your preference!), I’d use Rice Chex. However, it seems the corn and wheat cereal goes better with this recipe. But, truly it’s up to you and your preference. There isn’t a wrong cereal you could use with this recipe.
More Snack Mix Recipes
- Reese’s Snack Mix – This is a no-bake recipe and only takes 5 minutes to make!
- A HUGE List of Easy Snack Mix Recipes!
- S’Mores Trail Mix Recipe
Spicy Garlic Chex Party Mix
This Spicy Garlic Chex Party Mix combines spices, melted butter and your favorite Chex cereal to create a flavor explosion in your mouth that packs a punch!
- 7 cups Chex cereal, any type
- 2 cups small pretzels
- 1 stick butter, melted
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. In a large bowl, combine Chex cereal and pretzels. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, seasoned salt, parsley, and cayenne pepper. Stir to combine.
Pour mixture over Chex mixture and stir gently until evenly coated.
- Spread Chex mix evenly over baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 40-45 minutes, stirring once halfway through. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely, then store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 555mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g