Starburst Valentines Day Teachers Gift Idea
With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, it’s a great time to show those we care about how much we appreciate them. Make this easy teacher gift for your child’s teacher this Valentine’s Day. I even have a free printable for you!
There are 2 different sizes of printables for you to use – one is large and round for a wide mouth mason jar and the other is smaller for the standard mason jar. There are also square tags and you can certainly affix them onto your own container or bag as you see fit! Make sure when you print your tags, you “uncheck” the box in adobe acrobat that says “fit to page” or “fit to printable area” or “reduce to fit.” You need these to print actual size or they won’t fit properly on the top of the jars.
I like to use the wide mouth mason jars because it’s easier to get my hands into the jar to grab the Starburst treats, but you can also buy a mason jar mug, that doubles as a drinking glass for your child’s teacher. If you go this route, you’ll need to purchase mason jar lids and rings for a standard size mason jar as the mugs do not usually come with the lids and rings.
- Mason Jar or Glass Mug and Lids and Rings to fit the jar
- Starburst Candies (you’ll need 2, 14 oz packages to fill 2 jars)
- Wood Stars (Woodsies small, medium, large wood stars 130ct)
- Paint Pen (Painter’s Opaque Paint Marker in Yellow)
- 5/8″ ribbon
- Hot Glue
- Scissors and/or Paper Trimmer
How to make a Starburst Teacher Gift:
- Use the paint pen to easily paint one side of a few wood stars. I love using this paint pen, it’s easy to use, there’s no clean up and it dries fast. Set aside to dry completely.
- Fill your jar with candies. Place the flat lid on the top of the jars.
- Use scissors to cut out the round printable to place it on the top of the jar. Use a paper trimmer, if desired, to cut out the square tags to attach to the jar. Personalize the tags as desired by writing the teacher’s name on the tag. Place the round tag on the lid and add the ring to the jar, screwing it on securely.
- For the wide mouth jar, cut a 17″ piece of ribbon. For a standard jar, cut a 14″ piece of ribbon. Wrap the ribbon around the jar and attach it to the ring with hot glue. Add the square tag, if desired with hot glue. Attach the wood stars with hot glue.