Are you planning a 4th of July Party? I’ve posted some awesome 4th of July Recipes & Desserts the last few years but this might be my favorite one! This 4th of July inspired Strawberries & Cream Ice Box Cake is SO YUMMY! It’s really easy to make and there’s no cooking or baking required. Plus I love that it can be made a few days ahead of time and placed in the freezer so you can have that mess out of the way before your company comes over!
Strawberries & Cream Ice Box Cake Recipe
To get started making this Ice Box Cake You’ll need a Box of Jello Pudding, I used the Vanilla Flavor and prepared it according to the package directions, Just add milk and whip on high for about 5 minutes until it thickens up nicely.
Next you’ll want to mix your Pudding with about 8 oz. (1 small container) of Thawed Cool-Whip. This will give it that amazing texture that’s fluffy and light, rather than a pudding texture.
Once you have your pudding mixture ready, you can start layering your cake together. I started with Vanilla Oreos, then the Pudding Mixture, then Strawberries & Blueberries, then another layer of Oreos, Topped with another 8 oz. Container of Whipped Cream and more Strawberries & Blueberries!
You could even opt to place the Strawberries & Blueberries in a Flag Design, but let’s face it, I can be lazy sometimes in the kitchen and I thought it turned out super cute without doing the design and I’m all about simple :)
My Kids LOVED this one, it was the perfect light dessert for a hot summer day! Here’s a quick printable friendly recipe you can print out and make your own!Print
- 1 Package of Vanilla Oreos
- 16 oz. Cool Whip
- 1 5 oz. Vanilla Instant Pudding Package
- 3 Cups Cold Milk
- 1 Lb. Strawberries
- 1 Pint Blueberries
- Mix Vanilla Pudding Mix and Cold Milk in a blender, beat on high for 5 minutes or until thick.
- Slowly stir in 8 oz. of Thawed Cool Whip Topping
- Slice Strawberries Thinly and wash and dry Blueberries
- In a 9 x 13 Baking Dish layer 1/2 a package of Oreos, Pudding Mixture, 1/2 of Fruit
- Then repeat with remaining 1/2 a package of Oreos, 8 oz. Cool Whip and Remaining Fruit
- Cover Tightly and Freeze for 24-48 hours before serving
Last Updated on