Taco crackers take just 3 ingredients to make, and the are highly addictive. These cracker snacks are so easy to make, and will be a great snack for anytime of the day.
Give this easy oyster cracker recipe a try, and serve up for your family, pack in gift containers for loved ones for the holidays, and more. These also taste incredible topped on soups.
This Taco Crackers Recipe Is…
- Quick and Easy
- Made with 3 Ingredients
- Crunchy Snack
- Makes a Great Gift
Ingredients and Variations
Oyster Crackers – You will want to grab some oyster crackers. They tend to be in bags found near the saltine crackers. They are the perfect bite-size cracker. You could also use mini saltines or other plain crackers.
Taco Seasoning – Taco seasoning is what I used to make this seasoned oyster crackers recipe. Now you can use homemade, store bought or even swap out the seasonings for a different flavor of crackers.
Oil – You will need to use oil to coat your crackers so the seasoning sticks. This is essential otherwise you won’t have your crackers that have seasoning stuck to them.
How Long To Bake Crackers
You will want to bake your crackers for around 15 minutes or until they look dry. The crackers need to become dry so they stay crunchy. If you pull the crackers while they are still wet, they will become soggy when you go to eat them.
Tips For Making Seasoned Oyster Crackers
- You will want to coat the crackers fully in the seasoning.
- Make sure that you bake your crackers until they are fully dry.
- Store your crackers in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Do an even layer of crackers when you go to baking them. You will find that if you have them stacked on top of each other to get an even cooking.
You need to store your crackers in an airtight container or sealed container at room temperature. The crackers can store for 1-2 weeks. You will find when the crackers become stale that is when you will toss them out.
Make sure to allow the crackers to cool completely before you store in a container, otherwise it can cause the crackers to become soggy.
Does This Recipe Double Well
You are more than welcome to double the recipe if you want. The crackers just need to be spread out evenly on a baking dish so that you get an even cook. Then stir in between cooking to make sure you can get an even cook.
Want More Easy Snack Recipes
- 1 bag Oyster Crackers (about 14 oz.)
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup taco seasoning (regular or mild)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine oil and seasoning in a large mixing bowl. Whisk gently to mix.
- Add crackers and gently stir until crackers are evenly coated.
- Place crackers on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until crackers look dry.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 495mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g