Serve up this Thanksgiving Snack Board at your holiday gatherings this year. A sweet fruit dip inside a pumpkin, and tons of snack board fillers to dip, nibble and enjoy. This is a fantastic sweet and savory appetizer board that will give your guests a wonderful snacking board.
This cream cheese fruit dip will be a perfect dip recipe to make. It has toffee bits throughout so it will give you a fall feel, and nice flavor. Pair with cookies, fresh fruit and more. Then you add in the cheese and crackers for a savory take. It is incredible to mix and match flavors.
I am all about a fun snack board that offers the ultimate snacking. Cubed cheese, nuts, raisins, fresh fruit, and one cream cheese dip that will make you want one more dipping. I have the ultimate treat for you all!
Get Prepared For Thanksgiving With These Ideas
- Thanksgiving Cookie Bars | Chewy bars loaded with M&M’s oats, and more and baked to a sweet treat. These are great for snacking on, treating the family and holidays.
- 25 Make-Ahead Thanksgiving Recipes | Prep and prepare before the big day with some of this incredible recipe in this list.
- 18 Thanksgiving Crafts For Kids | Dress up your home with these fun crafts perfect for kids! Easy Thanksgiving crafts to get them excited for the holiday.
What Is A Food Board
Food boards are a fun way to serve an arrangement of items on a serving tray. For this food tray, I did a few savory items like nuts, cheese, and crackers, and the rest is sweet. A homemade dip, fresh sliced fruit, and more. Give this a try if you are looking for an elegant but easy way to serve your family.
How Do You Make A Snack Board
The first thing I did was prep my pumpkin. Slice around the top, scoop out all the seeds and such, and then create a shell that you can pour your dip into. This is a really fun way to add a Thanksgiving feel to your board. Now, if you don’t want to pour your dip right in the pumpkin find a bowl that can wedge in.
Once that is done, you want to make your dip, place in the pumpkin, and then prep all your fruit and such. Then create little wedges where you place items. Work at one end and work your way down the platter. You might have to rearrange here and there, but it is pretty simple to make.
What To Put on A Dessert Platter
- Blueberries, Strawberries, Raspberries, Etc
- Pretzel Chips
- Cheese Cubes or Variety of Cheeses
- Fruit Dip or Savory Dip
- Dried Fruit
I hope that helps you get an idea of what you can put on your platter. Of course, this is your platter so make it to fit what you think you and the guests will enjoy. Play around and create a variety of flavors like I did here.
- 3 mini pumpkins
- Pretzel Chips
- Dried apricots
- 3 types of cheese
- Candied nuts
- Rosemary for garnish
- Green Grapes
- Red Grapes
- Roasted Pumpkin seeds
- Dried Cranberries
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¾ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup Toffee bits
- To make the fruit dip, mix softened cream cheese with brown sugar. Mix in vanilla and toffee bits.
- Carefully cut the top off a pumpkin and hollow out with a spoon. Add fruit dip to the pumpkin.
- You may add or subtract the number of pears, bunches of grapes, and types of cheeses depending on the size of your snack tray.
- Place pumpkin dip bowl on tray and place two other pumpkins on tray for decoration. Place grapes. Place cheese. Place cheese on tray. Slice fruit and add to tray.
- Now place crackers on tray. Fill in space with remaining ingredients to tray. Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve. T
This can easily be scaled to how many people you’re serving or divided in between two snack trays so people may graze in multiple locations!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 22mg Sodium: 101mg Carbohydrates: 20g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 16g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g
Can I Make This Snack Tray Ahead of Time
You can make this ahead of time up to 12 hours in advance. I would recommend waiting to cut and put your dip in pumpkin until you are ready to serve. The reason being is it could affect the texture and flavor of your fruit dip.
More Snack Board Ideas